News   Jul 26, 2024
 889     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.1K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

If I can grab one i'll get one.. lol
I kept part of the to-be Metropolis, its granite or sumthin.

^I should have grabbed a Metropolis tumbleweed while I had a chance

Too bad no one got ahold of that refrigerator that sat there for many years.

I should have grabbed a Metropolis tumbleweed while I had a chanc

I have a bag full of metropolis weeds. They’re yours for $50.

Plus, I’ll throw in a couple of rusted nails from the site for free.

metropolis weed gives superman the super munchies

anyone know when they are going to start using the chemicals to break up the stump? i don't want to miss it.

they've been using chemicals from the get go. they bore holes, fill them with whatever they use, and the chemical weakens the concrete so that the wall can be torn down mechanically

I doubt the 6 inch walls currently being demolished needed to be infused with chemicals in order to take them down

and the roughly three foot thick sections (about 6) look as strong as ever - minus the drill holes of course

It makes it quicker and cheaper - the chemicals expand, cracking the concrete. Meaning there is much less noisy, messy, expensive jackhammering to be done.

Anyone know if demolishing this will stop at ground level, or if they will be going down a few floors?

My understanding is ground level. The underground parking and services that were constructed along with the stump will be retained; what is now stump will become an urban plaza, with the new towers to be build on either side.

So I would expect a big giant pit where the buildings on Bay are currently being demolished...

I spoke to a demolition guy at the site a few months back and he said the core is being removed all the way to the bottom of the parking garage. So a pit along Bay and a pit where the stump currently resides is my guess.

Cool. If the economy goes really sour over the next 2 years we could have a pit where the stump once was.

Back