News   Jul 26, 2024
 883     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

I liked the swoopy-top design, especially the fact that its mournful outline graced the signage for the parking lot right until the very end. But if that's the way it was going to be clad, I'll wax a little less nostalgic.

Got these pics this afternoon. Demolition of the stump turned a lot of heads across Adelaide Street in front of the back of Scotia Plaza.

BAStump1.jpg

BAStump2.jpg

BAStump3.jpg

BAStump4.jpg

Wow.

I'm kind of amazed that they didn't paint over the Fidelity ad before it got gradually and graphically destroyed over a period of months. This can't be good brand reenforcement, can it?

Cool. I'll have to take a look on my way home tonight. And check out the new Winners across the street.

I'm kind of amazed that they didn't paint over the Fidelity ad before it got gradually and graphically destroyed over a period of months. This can't be good brand reenforcement, can it?

I was actually thinking the same thing the other day as I walked past it...is that really what you want your image to be associated with?

I suppose it does lend something of an air of durability to the brand.

"Fidelity Investments: Unbreakable, unless you drill us full of holes, pack them full of microexplosives, and dismantle us over a series of months. Ask your advisor."

The last few posts alone prove that it's smart for Fidelity to have their name up there. We've posted pics of their logo and their ad and we've typed their company name.

I don't see that theory working for tom cruise and his make believe baby.

Bye bye stump
Bye bye sweet caress
Hello emptiness
I feel like I could die
Bye bye my stump, goodbye

I'm telling ya, someone should go steal a fist-sized chuck of the shell for use in a future UrbanToronto museum. Perhaps it will have a place next to remains from a dismantaled Gardiner.

"I'm telling ya, someone should go steal a fist-sized chuck of the shell for use in a future UrbanToronto musuem."

I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one who doesn't already have a few pieces of stump sitting around the house

Back