News   May 03, 2024
 962     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 591     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 284     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Who said anything about pointless diversions? Maybe Bay-Adelaide's builders will do a "William Van Alen" and sneak in a few hundred extra feet when nobody's noticing

Sure it's huge - it's as huge as a hundred other buildings under construction in various cities around the world, very few of which have a webcam and a thread breathlessly describing every additional floor, bit of steel, mullion, etc. One expects progress in a construction project.

What is HUGE? Huge is the Burj Dubai, as of 1 March it was 2,006 feet with 160 completed floors. Final completed height is unknown but best guesses are around 2,680 feet.

Not to diminish what is happening on BAC and in Toronto - it is exciting - but, guys, keep it in perspective. We are a world city.

2303897528_5369556c9b_o.jpg

It is indeed tall. But it's not much to look at, at least in that picture.

baglass.jpg

Thanks maestro! - It looks identical to the test curtain wall above the parking lot on the East Tower Site.

Not really. Right panel that was to be lit at night is now different.
BayAdelaide-Mar1,08(4).jpg

Anyways....
Did anybody notice now that the winter shielding has been moved up a couple of floors that the work has been completed for the installation of the historical facade? - 1st floor preparation looks complete. Quite Interesting.
I didn't know it had moved this far so fast.

BayAdelaide-Mar1,08(1).jpg

Sure it's huge - it's as huge as a hundred other buildings under construction in various cities around the world, very few of which have a webcam and a thread breathlessly describing every additional floor, bit of steel, mullion, etc. One expects progress in a construction project.

Not to diminish what is happening on BAC and in Toronto - it is exciting - but, guys, keep it in perspective. We are a world city.

I think you are the one who taken the wrong perspective. This forum and this thread is about Toronto and construction going on in Toronto. You have missed these obvious details.

Speaking of breathless, it seems that the tallest monument to conspicuous consumption has given you a real hard-on.

A "thirteen year old boy or something...." (with) "a real hard-on." Really.

I must have also missed the obvious details where this sort of comment is regarded as an acceptable part of the give and take on Toronto and construction going on in Toronto. If nothing else, it's just too sophomoric.

Hurling out attitude and personal slagging should be even less relevant to what this forum is about than posts drawing comparison to things happening outside of Toronto. I hope it was the midnight Johnny Walker speaking.

I will comment on this matter no further.

Good to see the preparations for the historical facade, should be interesting to see that go up.

Let the cladding commence!

Let me ask the question that is dying to be asked: "Any news on phase two?"

To which we'll get the well-known refrain: "If anyone knows, then they'll post that info when they have it".

It's a common question and reply here, as well as on HoFo.

Back