News   May 16, 2024
 532     1 
News   May 16, 2024
 713     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 567     0 

Arc Condo (Sheppard & Bayview, Daniels, 16s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Picture #4 came out great... the building stands out against the dark clouds

thanks CGM ... that came by coincidence, haha I guess it was worthwhile running out of the car to take that pic just when it was starting to rain~

With all the development by Sheppard, perhaps one day neighbouring Bayview Village will be redeveloped for condos with multiple stories of retail fronting Sheppard. Not that I expect this to happen soon, since locals have gotten used to the mall and parking format. Still, its worth throwing out there as an idea for the further intensification of this area.

if that sort of intensification were to happen ... I suspect Fairview Mall will be the first to get it ... given the nodal nature of the site and the increased density placed on that particular property ... I would expect towers to start going up along the north and south perimeter of Fairview before 2015

With all the development by Sheppard, perhaps one day neighbouring Bayview Village will be redeveloped for condos with multiple stories of retail fronting Sheppard. Not that I expect this to happen soon, since locals have gotten used to the mall and parking format. Still, its worth throwing out there as an idea for the further intensification of this area.

If anything, they'll just add some usual suspects chain stores underneath lowrise condos along Sheppard, take the roof off the mall, and create something Via Rodeoish...Villaggio di Vista della Baia?

October 4th Update

construction beginning on the 10th floor ... glass catching up to the 5th ~

IMG_2308.jpg

would you look at that canter-levering on the north end of the building ... ground floor along Sheppard (far right of photo) is like 2-3 floor above grade at the north end ... some tall column supports there ~

IMG_2307.jpg

Cantilevering is when there are no supports under the section of building (the only bits that seem to cantilever here are the balconies).

Nice project.

okay I admit I don't always use the perfect terminology ... I meant to say

'the grade differential is very significant on the ARC site such that the horizontal projection of the ground floor adjacent to Sheppard Avenue is like 2 to 3 storeys above ground at the north end of the site abutting Bayview Avenue' ... ;)

okay I admit I don't always use the perfect terminology ... I meant to say

'the grade differential is very significant on the ARC site such that the horizontal projection of the ground floor adjacent to Sheppard Avenue is like 2 to 3 storeys above ground at the north end of the site abutting Bayview Avenue' ... ;)

Your clear enthusiasm for the forum more than makes up for the incorrect terminology Solaris.

Back