News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.3K     5 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 581     0 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

Would a phase 2 of MoZo be called MoMoZo under your proposed system?

Re: Toronto's 400 ft +

Dear Mr. babel,

We regret that the Condominium Naming Board cannot respond to inquiries from the public. If you would be so kind as to obtain the appropriate forms from City Hall, we will be happy to process your request, provided adequate payment is received. You may wish to obtain Form 3C5410/16r(3): Pre-authorization for condominium name claim, and Form 3C6712/AB/e(19): Registration and clearance for public notice of condominium name change and/or name claim. These forms need to be accompanied by payment (money order or certified cheque only).

The Condominium Naming Board is an equal opportunity namer, and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its naming practices and respects the right of developers and the public to representative condominium names in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.

Sir,

I am writing on behalf of the 347 people who have made downpayments, and in two cases outright purchases, in Sapphire, a tall condominium tower to be built in downtown Toronto and clad in appropriately sapphire blue coloured glass. Many are first time buyers in this investment property.

They are upset that the Condominium Naming Board has now seen fit to rename their building 'The Wotan', after a character in Wagner's 'Ring Cycle' - which will soon be performed in the nearbye Four Seasons Centre. They believe that Wotan, an evil god who sends his Valkyrie daughters to create havoc in the world, is not an appropriate name for the tower they have purchased units in, even though it may have appropriate cultural associations for the nearbye Entertainment District.

Furthermore, they believe it will adversely affect their chances of selling their units, should they wish to do so.

Several of my clients have said that if they knew this was going to happen they would never have purchased units in this building in the first place.

Furthermore, several of my clients have been told by Mr.Harold Stinson that he believes Mr.David Mirvish is "behind this thing" and that Mr.Mirvish is "in cohoots" with the Condominium Naming Board. Things are getting a bit out of hand.

Would you be so kind as to inform me of the appeal mechanism through which my clients can make their case to the Condominium Naming Board, and forward the appropriate forms so I can proceed on their behalf.

Also, please clarify whether the Board can retroactively rename buildings that have already been erected but not yet occupied.

Yours truly,

B.B.
Gyre and Gimble Ltd,
Toronto.

I'll consider this a friendly thread-jacking.

I know this is an inappropriate place to bring bad news, but the naming issue compels me to intervene.

I have seen the new renderings and Sapphire will indeed be clad in green glass.

Harry has decided to furnish all the suites himself and has chanced upon a marketing spin that maintains (from his pov) the integrity of the project name.

See below an example of what Harry has in mind (I for one am glad that the wrinkled leather couch is no longer in play).

Sorry for the interruption.

royal-blue.jpg

Archivistower,

I'm working on gathering some height data from a couple of developers for some buildings that don't have their height listed on Emporis. Is there an editor I can pass this data on to?

Hi. I would dearly have loved to continue the name hijacking, but decided not to. Re: Emporis. Edward Chamberlain is a pretty active editor, you are able to leave him a message on the site itself (hit local editors then click on his name), he's also a member of this forum. The trouble with heights is that you have to have good sources and to document these very well, and myself, I never found it worth the bother to deal with it.

The sources will be straight from the builder - thanks

We have UrbanDb & to a lesser extent SSP - Emporis doesn't need know

^Agreed. Why help a site that uses your informtaion and turns around and charges you to see it.

Emporis is a world wide skyscraper database whereas UrbanDb (which is great) is local.

If the stats are available they should be added to Emporis since it tracks buildings and cities from around the world.

Also many of the local databases track mostly just current project whereas Emporis tracks over 1,500 buildings from Toronto.

Just remember the latest revision to Emporis removed ADDRESSES from public view and little else remains open to public view.

And then there is always this

www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=271075

Something wrong with a free database develop by volunterrism becoming a for profit real estate source when the opportunity arises

Nevertheless, your info should make a great list in which everyone will benefit from

Back