News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.3K     5 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 586     0 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

I've moved Quantum II to the under construction category.

Quick summary:
Quantum II is Toronto's tallest building under construction (525 feet)
There are 10 towers under construction 40 floors/400 ft and up. This compares to 38 towers of those dimensions that are already built.
Essentially the ranks of Toronto's tall towers are increasing by 25%.

I still believe ROCP is going to be taller than the height that we have listed, that being 505 ft. Is there any way some one could phone the architect and confirm the exact finished height to the top of the mechanical/structure.

Murano has had a height increase:

The North Tower has been increased from 34s to 35s
The South Tower has been increased from 41s to 43s

Sorry, but I don't have the actual listed heights in meters or feet.

Much appreciated, I'm updating the list tonight with the following:

Addition of Absolute Phase IV
Height increase for Murano
New height for Shangri-La

For arguments sake, let's say yes, or at least very close to being yes.

There is a crane up for Quantum II. It may just be for the parking garage which is shared with I.

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure what was happening with this development as things seem to be very quiet surrounding its progress. After it was originally delayed so Minto could sell the south tower, I was wondering if it was proceeding well.

Does anyone have the height for One Park Tower in Mississauga? It's 38 stories but with a massive crown that may push it above 400 feet. There is a crane on site.

I'm not sure if the height of the Ritz is correct in the master list.

On February 21 the OMB dismissed an appeal against the project - giving the Ritz Carlton a green light to proceed.

I've seen conflicting height reports - but the report I have states an approval for 52 stories and includes a committee of adjustment approval for a height of 188.4m (618.11 feet), although that may or may not include mechanical space at the top of the building.

The report also states that the will be a 17.3m wide walkway between the Ritz and the CBC building.

If that's the height you have, that's the one I'll go with (unless someone can confirm otherwise).

The original height of 684 ft. came from someone who had the plans and the Globe and mail listed it as 699 ft. (213 metres), but I guess it really doesn't matter.

I'd put the most weight behind the official planning document.

Canuck.... I'm thinking that the "Official Planning" document was the height for the top of the occupied structure. The Ritz includes mechanical space as well as all that space in the V shaped architectural top of whatever you want to call it of the tower.

Due to the large variance in height. I'm assuming the planning reports are to the top of the occupied space, while the other documents are the the pinnacle of the actual structure.

Although all my comments are just assumptions as to what the height figures actually are.

What my report can offer with 100% certainty is 52 floors, not 53 as listed on this thread.

Back