News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.3K     5 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 585     0 

'400' List Discussions: 400ft +, Status, Usage, Master Projects

That list has a huge number of projects proposed for the former boroughs, and it doesn't even include dozens of other towers that I've heard of (but may or may not be realized) like the Canadian Tire lands at Bessarion and a bunch at Schick Court.

According to info posted on SSC, that comes from the Globe, Montage is now under construction.

Yes, with a September 2007 completion date. Does that seem a little long?

MLSE has a sales centre (under construction at least), has ads, publicity, and most importantly of all I want to change things up.
I'm going to be a bit premature and move it to In Sales.
Also are both towers a hotel/condo mix, or just one?

RE: Murano - construction or no?
RE: Quantum II - excavation or no?

I have architects drawings that show
Montage height as 143.62m or 471 feet.

Thank you for that, if anyone knows height information for the following I'd be very thankful:

Wellington Square [Simcoe Place] - HEIGHT NEEDED 48 floors
Bay-Adelaide Centre East Tower [Bay-Adelaide Centre] - HEIGHT NEEDED 53 floors
One City Hall Phase II [One City Hall Condominiums] - HEIGHT NEEDED 50 floors
College Park Tower II [RoCP] - HEIGHT NEEDED - 45 floors
Pinnacle Building A [Pinnacle Centre] - HEIGHT NEEDED - 41 floors
Harbour View Estates I [CityPlace] - HEIGHT NEEDED 40 floors
Number One York Quay South Tower [Harbour Square] - HEIGHT NEEDED 40 floors
*Solstice I [Solstice] - HEIGHT NEEDED 40 floors
*Solstice II [Solstice] - HEIGHT NEEDED 40 floors
*Parkside Village - Tower IV [Parkside Village] - HEIGHT NEEDED 40 floors
*Parkside Village - Tower V [Parkside Village] - HEIGHT NEEDED 40 floors​

Toronto may not have as many 'tall' towers, but it certainly must be equal, if not greater in overall growth. When you consider the growth inside Toronto proper and plus the growing trend of high rise growth in Mississauga, Markham, Vaughan, the city is not in bad shape.

Chicago might have some nice buildings go up, but I tend to view the city as a whole and not just in terms of skyscrapers. In this respect, Toronto still, at least in my opinion has the advantage over Chicago.

I'm not sure if anyone has info on the next phase over at the distillery. I spoke to someone involved over there recently ... apparently they want the next tower to be in the 50 storey range for the parking lot at the extreme south east of the site.

Updated the height of 590 Jarvis to 448 ft, as indicated in the planning report.

Worrying about how the grass is greener over there is what puts fire in the belly of this forum! In the case of Chicago they have more to worry about than us, their an alpha city in the world's most powerful nation that prides itself on tall buildings. How can a smaller and significantly younger city in a fairly insignificant country be building so much?

Chop off the very tallest buildings from Chicago's list, and we are building as much--if not more.

Back