News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.8K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.2K     2 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

I will dance with utter glee if this evolves into a full 1917 style state of anarchy and Russia completely collapses!

Not sure about that. Wagnerites selling nukes to terrorists isn't really good for us. Nor would nationalists like Girkin getting them.

Would be good to see oppressed Russian minorities get freedom. Not sure how that fits the wider context with other risks (like nukes in unsavory hands).

1687575978375.png

Beginning to sound from Chatter like Wagner has taken Rostov (southern Russian Command in Ukraine.)

Not sufficiently verified for my liking......take with appropriately sized grain of salt.

Not sure about that. Wagnerites selling nukes to terrorists isn't really good for us. Nor would nationalists like Girkin getting them.

Would be good to see oppressed Russian minorities get freedom. Not sure how that fits the wider context with other risks (like nukes in unsavory hands).

No kidding, be careful what you wish for - and EU/NATO will have to move fast to consolidate Ukraine if and when Russia quits under this or another regime.

AoD

It appears earlier chatter was correct, that Wagner have control of Southern Russian Command in Rostov.

It is now being reported by BBC that Wagner also has control of military facilities in Voronezh

Putin gave a televised speech calling Wagner's actions High Treason.

Last edited:
If Russia can’t stamp this out in short order I think it’s over for Putin.

And based on how things are going right now it might be over for Putin.

Reports of roadblocks being set up and trenches dug in Moscow as Wagner rapidly approaches. Seems that some high level officials like the vile Medvedev have fled to St. Petersburg.

This is hilarious (and scary!)

Updates, we have have visual confirmation with photographs in daylight of a Wagner Column advancing in the direction of Moscow, currently in vicinity of Lipetsk approx. 350km from Moscow.

Wagner has apparently downed a Russian Antanov.

1687617390323.png

Last edited:
January 10, 49 BC General Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon and began a civil war that would end the Roman Republic. He went directly to Rome with a smaller number of hardened veterans and easily won against more inexperienced troops.

Meanwhile, playing on Wagner's announcement that the invasion of Ukraine was a sham, Belarusian opposition leader asks her countrymen to kick out the Russians.

Last edited:
This sure is something. Whether the coup fails or not, this will weaken Russia further. One imagines that even the distraction within the Russian armed forces will give Ukraine a window to seize the initiative.

No corroberation at this point (that I've seen); but chatter suggesting Wagner may be in Barabanovo which is ~130km from Moscow.

From BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66006142

"The mayor of Moscow, Sergei Sobyanin, has just put out a statement on Telegram announcing that "a counter-terrorist operation regime has been declared in Moscow" and that Monday will be a "non-working day" to "minimise risks".

He asked Muscovites to "refrain from travelling around the city as much as possible".

"City services are on high alert," he said.

Wagner mercenaries appear to be moving north from central regions of Russia, in the direction of the capital."

I assume the risks include being hit by bodies falling from windows :->

From BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66006142

"The mayor of Moscow, Sergei Sobyanin, has just put out a statement on Telegram announcing that "a counter-terrorist operation regime has been declared in Moscow" and that Monday will be a "non-working day" to "minimise risks".

He asked Muscovites to "refrain from travelling around the city as much as possible".

"City services are on high alert," he said.

Wagner mercenaries appear to be moving north from central regions of Russia, in the direction of the capital."

I assume the risks include being hit by bodies falling from windows :->

Our Moscow forecast for tomorrow:

Smoky, with a small chance of falling debris. Possibility of regime change: 70%.

AoD

Back