News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 3K     2 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.3K     2 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

1687624823838.png

This whole exercise has been so surreal.........

I'm not sure I take any of it at face value.
I agree. I'm not understanding this at all. Then again, I'm not a megalomaniac, and there seems to a number of them at play here. I guess being an unstable, power-hungry egotist, having another unstable, power-hungry egotist on your payroll has its drawbacks.

So are Putin and Prigozhin back on each others Christmas card list again?

I agree. I'm not understanding this at all. Then again, I'm not a megalomaniac, and there seems to a number of them at play here. I guess being an unstable, power-hungry egotist, having another unstable, power-hungry egotist on your payroll has its drawbacks.

So are Putin and Prigozhin back on each others Christmas card list again?
My guess is that Putin (and his rich buddies) arranged a ten-figure USD wire transfer to Prigozhin in exchange for him to disappear into obscurity in Belarus for the rest of time. Maybe he'll open a restaurant again in Minsk or something.
EDIT: this scenario also sees him die from an "unfortunate accident" in four or five years

Wagner Group will immediately have a change in leadership to a Putin allied oligarch.

Last edited:
What's interesting is what comes next.

1) Wagner has now down how weak the establishment is.

2) There's no real immediate penalties for the mutiny. Wagner shoots down a bunch of jets and Prighozin's penalty is moving to Belarus.

3) Prighozin is now the strongest potential successor to Putin. Nobody else comes close. That means, this isn't over.

What's interesting is what comes next.

1) Wagner has now down how weak the establishment is.

2) There's no real immediate penalties for the mutiny. Wagner shoots down a bunch of jets and Prighozin's penalty is moving to Belarus.

3) Prighozin is now the strongest potential successor to Putin. Nobody else comes close. That means, this isn't over.

I easily agree w/the first 2........

On 3.........what do you think of the SS tattoo'ed fellow who was Prighozin's top guy, Dmitry Utkin? He's the one who actually led the charge towards Moscow, and the terms of the deal announced imply that he will be removed
from Wagner/Military operations and discharged.

Very dislikeable, but often 'credited' with having founded Wagner.

Seems like a powerful guy to put on the outside.

I easily agree w/the first 2........

On 3.........what do you think of the SS tattoo'ed fellow who was Prighozin's top guy, Dmitry Utkin? He's the one who actually led the charge towards Moscow, and the terms of the deal announced imply that he will be removed
from Wagner/Military operations and discharged.

Very dislikeable, but often 'credited' with having founded Wagner.

Seems like a powerful guy to put on the outside.

All of Russia, and groups like Wagner are very mafia-esque. So if he is being booted as part of a deal, there's probably more to it. If they really wanted him gone, they might just let the FSB kill him.

All of Russia, and groups like Wagner are very mafia-esque. So if he is being booted as part of a deal, there's probably more to it. If they really wanted him gone, they might just let the FSB kill him.

Not sure how believable this is:

On one hand, it's not exactly hard to imagine that Putin will do this; on the other, it is hard to imagine Prigozhin didn't anticipate it.

AoD

Last edited:
Bloody Hungarians.

Perhaps the defeat of Ukraine plays into their hands?

That's more than enough now - suspend their EU and NATO membership immediately (although that would give Russia a golden opportunity to create a vassal state in the heart of Europe...)

Reactions: DSC
That's more than enough now - suspend their EU and NATO membership immediately (although that would give Russia a golden opportunity to create a vassal state in the heart of Europe...)

1687798317951.png

Could they get the required unanimity?

To my understanding there is no provision for suspending a membership in NATO nor for expelling a member state.

This has been discussed in the past, and the only understood process would be for every other NATO member to declare the offending nation to be in material breach of the NATO Charter.

There is a law of treaties at it were that is generally understood to apply to such circumstances though its really more theory than practice.

Back