News   Jul 17, 2024
 58     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 687     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 527     0 

2022/24 Russian-Ukrainian War

After last night's POTUS debate disaster Zelenskyy had better start planning for his country's next move once President Trump cancels all US aid to Ukraine in Jan 2025. Zelenskyy's immediate move should be to try to grab as much ground, arms and non-US international assistance as he can. I would begin a widescale conscription of all men and women aged 18-50, not all for combat of course, but all for national service. You have six months before the taps potentially run dry.

To be fair, Europe has somewhat anticipated Trump and has really been ramping up defence manufacturing. They'll have to do even more. But they'll get there. Ukraine has to get through this summer and through to next summer by which point Russia is really going to start running out of a lot of Cold war stocks.

And countries like Canada refusing to do our share are absolutely culpable for this failure.
Ukrainians who fled need to do their share. Ukraine needs more soldiers. It's time for Zelenzkyy to hit the international airwaves and ask all fighting age men no matter family status, who fled the country in 2022-23 to return to Ukraine. A good propagandist may also suggest First Lady Olena Zelenska also broadcast to the hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian women who fled the country that Ukraine needs their husbands and adult sons to come home, that your sisters, mothers and grandmothers still in Ukraine need their protection. Without your help, the country is lost.

When Israel was attacked on Oct 7th, its citizens didn't flee abroad, but instead raced from abroad back to Israel. If Zelenskyy cannot put that fire into the souls of Ukrainian men living safely abroad while the country burns, then he's going to run out of men.

Ukraine needs to recruit more to be sure. But we need to train them and arm them too. Forcing them to recruit cannon fodder for pointless symbolism isn't very useful.
Agreed, of course. No one is suggesting Russian-like meat waves. But you can’t train them if they’ve fled the country.

Perhaps the CAF could offer to train Ukrainian men who’ve fled to Canada so that they arrive in Ukraine ready to go.

Agreed, of course. No one is suggesting Russian-like meat waves. But you can’t train them if they’ve fled the country.

Perhaps the CAF could offer to train Ukrainian men who’ve fled to Canada so that they arrive in Ukraine ready to go.
I think you're falling for propaganda here. Some have fled. But there's still plenty of people inside the country and most of the criticism of Zelensky has been that he's not upping conscription rates at home.

I think you're falling for propaganda here. Some have fled. But there's still plenty of people inside the country and most of the criticism of Zelensky has been that he's not upping conscription rates at home.
Maybe. But I can't imagine being a Ukrainian man and watching from the safety of an overseas refuge as my womenfolk, perhaps my very own cousins, aunts, sisters, and nieces step up.

Last edited:
I prefer the 1938 glasses.

IMG_3195.png

Back