News   Jul 12, 2024
 985     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 856     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 347     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

Seems that some in the highest level of PC party knew about Brown issues since last year...

https://www.cp24.com/news/tory-mpp-...with-campaign-officials-in-december-1.3776722

PC MPP Lisa MacLeod made the comment to reporters ahead of a caucus meeting to appoint a new interim leader on Friday morning.

She said that she heard “similar things” about Brown and shared that information with members of his campaign team in December. MacLeod, however, said that the officials told her that the information was “unfounded.”

I saw the Agenda last night and one of the PC guys was saying that you always hear whispers about most politicians. So these PC can't single out only 1 politician now and say we heard rumors and brought it to so and so attention to now make it look good on themselves. Why not go and tell the highest level PC about rumours about all the PC guys then?

What bar knowingly serves alcohol to underage girls?
Skeevy bars, so the next question is why is he hanging around at skeevy bars? Hey, the girls may well have had fake IDs so the bar may not have been serving them knowingly, but that doesn't change anything.

Not entirely true. CTV has stakes in this if they don't do their research properly - anyone can accuse, but not everyone can get away from factchecking (however imperfect it is) in these cases.

AoD
Not entirely true. CTV has stakes in this if they don't do their research properly - anyone can accuse, but not everyone can get away from factchecking (however imperfect it is) in these cases.

AoD
But they are not investigators who know how to question. Witness what happened to that girl who claimed her hajab got cut. Look at how those reporters "investigated"

Looks like it’s Vic Fedeli. He polled at 4% in the last leadership contest and is as entrenched in the back room dealing as they come. He’s the former Mayor of North Bay, no pull in the urban ridings that the PCs need to make gains in to take power. They picked a reliable Conservative insider. It doesn’t seem like they put thought into winning the actual election.

Ontario Tories, electing Liberals since 2003.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-leader-patrick-brown-election-1.4505104?cid=
From the article: "It's not yet clear if Fedeli, 61, will lead the party into the June 7 provincial election or if a leadership race will be held."

Skeevy bars, so the next question is why is he hanging around at skeevy bars? Hey, the girls may well have had fake IDs so the bar may not have been serving them knowingly, but that doesn't change anything.

Isn't he part owner of the bar?

Isn't he part owner of the bar?
I have heard he is part-owner of a bar, I don't know if that's the bar in question. So if he is a part-owner and it's a bar that under age kids know they can go to, that's not so great either.

@picard102 , my original point was in response to a comment regarding frat boy behaviour. I don't think that a teetotalling older man hanging out at bars chatting up young women really is frat boy behaviour.

I have heard he is part-owner of a bar, I don't know if that's the bar in question. So if he is a part-owner and it's a bar that under age kids know they can go to, that's not so great either.

@picard102 , my original point was in response to a comment regarding frat boy behaviour. I don't think that a teetotalling older man hanging out at bars chatting up young women really is frat boy behaviour.

He is or was until recently the part-owner of a bar called 'Hooligans' in Barrie.

However, that bar has only been around a few years, so, at least in its current incarnation, that can't be the bar in question as the allegations refer to a period in the range of 8 to 10 years age.

In a related note, in fairness Lucy, bars/clubs regularly serve people who are marginally under-age.

I had my first glass of wine at The Olive Garden when I was 14!

If you look older and behave older, you probably won't even be asked for ID.

At a club that is regularly inspected, I expect a bit more focus on ID, nonetheless, fake ID has been a thing for generations.

Mr Brown may be guilty of any number of things; but lets not convict him of having been in a bar/club, as a single man, in his 20s, on the basis that that bar served alcohol to an 18 year old.

I'm not convicting him of anything, again, I was responding to a comment about frat boy behaviour. I really, really don't think "frat boy" when someone who doesn't drink is hanging out at bars. That's what I find odd behaviour -- not as a one off, but on what people are saying is a pattern of behaviour, much more recent than 10 years ago. And "in his 20's" is a bit misleading, since 10 years ago he turned 30.

And yes, bars serve underage people. When I was underage, we knew exactly where we could go and never get asked. But that was a long time ago, and I was under the impression that things had tightened up, although I am quite sure, especially in university/college areas, that the kids know exactly where they can go -- note that in the article about Darvish, it was mentioned that the bar in question is a favourite for university students.

What also concerns me is that if this was whispered about in the PC party, didn't anyone think it would come back to haunt them, particularly in the current climate?

I had my first glass of wine at The Olive Garden when I was 14!

If you look older and behave older, you probably won't even be asked for ID.

At a club that is regularly inspected, I expect a bit more focus on ID, nonetheless, fake ID has been a thing for generations.

Mr Brown may be guilty of any number of things; but lets not convict him of having been in a bar/club, as a single man, in his 20s, on the basis that that bar served alcohol to an 18 year old.

Same here! This was around 1993-1994 in Toronto for me. Things were alot more laxed then. It really wasn't until the late 90s or early-mid 2000s, especially with the new licenses that it became more strict. But I think there was more lee way in smaller cities like Barrie for a longer period (i.e. more socially acceptable, less crackdowns).

I'm not convicting him of anything, again, I was responding to a comment about frat boy behaviour. I really, really don't think "frat boy" when someone who doesn't drink is hanging out at bars. That's what I find odd behaviour -- not as a one off, but on what people are saying is a pattern of behaviour, much more recent than 10 years ago. And "in his 20's" is a bit misleading, since 10 years ago he turned 30.

And yes, bars serve underage people. When I was underage, we knew exactly where we could go and never get asked. But that was a long time ago, and I was under the impression that things had tightened up, although I am quite sure, especially in university/college areas, that the kids know exactly where they can go -- note that in the article about Darvish, it was mentioned that the bar in question is a favourite for university students.

What also concerns me is that if this was whispered about in the PC party, didn't anyone think it would come back to haunt them, particularly in the current climate?

I guess technically he was 28-29 depending on how exact 10 yrs is, and time of month. I think it's a big enough difference as that 28-32 range changes alot in terms of social party behaviour. If someone is drunk or buzzed, it's hard to know if another has had alot of drinks or not. But if he was a 'club promoter', they generally did not drink that much.

I think this whole Weinstein thing really took off at the latter half of the year, after he was chosen leader so it was still unexpected in some ways. Overall, it's the image of "Put this in your mouth", especially in today's context that is undesired. If that's the case, I would say 99% of male politicians are in trouble as any women can come back after all this time and say the same thing, and say she felt uncomfortable to end their chances.

With that, I do think a female leader should be chosen in today's climate if the PCs were smart.

He is or was until recently the part-owner of a bar called 'Hooligans' in Barrie.

However, that bar has only been around a few years, so, at least in its current incarnation, that can't be the bar in question as the allegations refer to a period in the range of 8 to 10 years age.

It's the same place

BjudyOK.jpg

7MUj1dB.jpg

Back