News   Jun 24, 2024
 157     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.9K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Mayoral Race

Funny how Stintz is getting called out on this sort of soundbite being nonsense, when she stole it from Jack Layton.

Except Jack Layton had policies to back up the soundbite: safeguarding pensions and healthcare against CPC cuts. Stintz' soundbites just float around unattached to anything.

So Ford, according to media has won the first debate (or at least came out on top).

This is a reminder that taking down Ford isn't going to be a cakewalk, despite what people say. Just because he's damaged goods doesn't mean he can't pack a good punch.

Another instance of his opponents underestimating him, just like in 2010. Thankfully we have 7 months to go, but it won't be easy. Right now he's the one resonating the most with his short sound bites (lies, mind you) and he's picking his spots surprisingly well 'even DANIEL DALE of the Toronto Star says I have a better attendance record than David Miller' which is only true if comparing the time Miller was towards the end of his tenure, but the average Torontonian won't bother looking that up and just take his word for it. Or like when he asked Soknacki 'why didn't you contract garbage out when you had a chance?' which he couldn't answer. Ford will be a force to reckon with during these debates.

Why would someone put multiple elephants in a room!? What's wrong with you people!?

Elephants in a drunken stupor aren't responsible for their Jamaican patois rants. They are a great addition to any addiction party. Especially one where an elephant passes out on the pool table and all the other elephants wave their 'trunks' around behind him.

Question for the next debate "do you understand the concept of conflict of interest?" Ford was on council for 10 years and during one of his court cases, about the lease for the beach side cafe he said under oath that he had never read the manual and had no idea what a conflict of interest was.

Another instance of his opponents underestimating him, just like in 2010. Thankfully we have 7 months to go, but it won't be easy. Right now he's the one resonating the most with his short sound bites (lies, mind you) and he's picking his spots surprisingly well 'even DANIEL DALE of the Toronto Star says I have a better attendance record than David Miller' which is only true if comparing the time Miller was towards the end of his tenure, but the average Torontonian won't bother looking that up and just take his word for it. Or like when he asked Soknacki 'why didn't you contract garbage out when you had a chance?' which he couldn't answer. Ford will be a force to reckon with during these debates.

All the candidates forgot that the old City of Etobicoke and City of York areas were contracted out to private garbage collectors.

All the candidates forgot that the old City of Etobicoke and City of York areas were contracted out to private garbage collectors.

Seems to me when you wear the same uniform every day and don't give a damn about your appearance, your body language, or subtleties you can really let your opinions be heard clearly and effectively notwithstanding that almost everything you say is categorically incorrect, ie billion dollar savings, attendance, garbage contracting, subway commitments, etc. Zero self-awareness coupled with a distorted vision of reality makes for decent politicking it seems.

The delivery trumps the truth in these mickey mouse contests.

I can't stand him but I almost want a real politician with a quick wit and charisma, like McGuinty or even that corpse Jean Chretien to just show up and knock this weeble wobble caricature on his well cushioned behind.

Last edited:
FINALLY going for the jugular. Doolittle reporting from the Ryerson debate:

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 8m
Tory said Ford has "admitted multiple" relationships with "criminals and "gang types".

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 9m
But then he said what's "most troubling and unacceptable" is for a mayor to have "continuous relationships" with criminals

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 10m
Tory said it was unacceptable for a mayor to frequently show up late or not at all.

My friend is saying that Karen Stintz is doing a FANTASTIC job in tonight's debate. Audience is applauding her the most.

I'm reading lots of tweets on Twitter about her. A lot of people are saying she is winning this debate so far. Seems she is making an impression here.

Back