News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 728     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum drama aside, I'm not amused at the prospect of losing Roy Square only to have 1BE fall through as the economy tanks.

The B/A stump will have its revenge on Toronto.

It seems like deja vu of the Ritz Trump location.If Bazis does not build it someone else will.Hey maybe we will finally get that 1000 footer.

Yeah, I don't think the city would pony up the millions required to buy that property. Too bad, really.

Maybe we could entice Harvey's to rebuild!

LOL... Harvey's back in the podium... Just to see the expression on the dudes face that paid 30 million.

sorry I think I'm lost ... reading the last couple pages didn't help ... has this 1 Bloor project finally tanked??

If so I'd be happy to see that another reputable builder takes over and design something better looking than the current square (non-articulated) tower ....

hey Minto / Tridel / Monarch ... interested??

has this 1 Bloor project finally tanked??

No, it's still going full speed ahead. There is no credible evidence that the project is having any significant difficulties (although there do appear to be some issues -- how serious they are, I do not know).

This 'rumour' was started by a well-known troll who loved to predict gloom and doom, he keeps getting banned and coming back using various aliases and IP anonymizers.

sorry I think I'm lost ... reading the last couple pages didn't help ... has this 1 Bloor project finally tanked??

Just a claim that an "insider" made... he was banned before and has been banned again... He claimed Bazis was in talks with Menkes to take over the project.

If so I'd be happy to see that another reputable builder takes over and design something better looking than the current square (non-articulated) tower ....

I'd hope so too... I don't know why the City approved the Kolter proposal, but rejected the Burka building.

hey Minto / Tridel / Monarch ... interested??

I don't know if I would want to give it to Monarch

The skeptical info posted isn't completely off base - while things appear look like they are running smoothly from the outside there have been a number of roadblocks and potential problems that may still lead to disappointing results. This project is not yet in the clear for the current developer.

I'm not worried about Mr. McTrollington, but I'm usually inclined to listen to what Mike says.

What new information do you want? Do you want them to announce every few weeks: "yes, we are still building this"? Isn't constuction on the site proof enough?

How about an actual height, some plans submitted to the city. Any solid info would be nice right about now. Same goes for Aura. At least with Trump we knew all about the dates, height decreases and construction bump backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back