News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 722     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What new information do you want? Do you want them to announce every few weeks: "yes, we are still building this"? Isn't constuction on the site proof enough?

Unfortunately, no.

a) Demolition and construction are two different things. See: Metropolis.

b) Construction of mega-projects, once actually begun, does not neccessarily finish. See: Metropolis, B/A.

I wish they'd hurry up and start building so we can complain about how slowly they're building the podium.

What new information do you want? Do you want them to announce every few weeks: "yes, we are still building this"? Isn't constuction on the site proof enough?

You completely missed my point.
I just wish that we had something else to talk about besides if it's being built or if it's not. Even some pictures to change the topic would do.

Sorry everyone, I have the best view of the site from my office and I keep forgetting to bring my camera to work! Demolition is progressing very well with the houses on Yonge St almost gone. I promise I'll bring my camera to take more birds-eye pics next week!

"I wish they'd hurry up and start building so we can complain about how slowly they're building the podium"

lol so true

I'm not worried about Mr. McTrollington, but I'm usually inclined to listen to what Mike says.

Hi SNF,

I'm leaning on the optimistic side as a number of significant issues with this development and Emerald Park have cleared up over the past few months. The status of both projects was looking rather bleak at one point, but as I said the current developer has been working very diligently to resolve some of the barriers and continues to advance the progress of both projects. We'll see what happens in the coming months. With other upcoming projects they obviously intend to remain in the Toronto market for the long term.

This afternoon, I noticed that they finally removed the window; and more interestingly, demolition of those corrugated metal storefronts has obliquely revealed the curved mansards seen in this photo...

f1257_s1057_it0053.jpg

August 3rd

I tried to match the 1930's shot of 719 before it comes down

f1257_s1057_it0053.jpg

PICT1779.jpg

Aug 3rd Update

PICT1782.jpg

PICT1781.jpg

PICT1780.jpg

While the traffic light somewhat gets in the way, you can sense the curved mansard behind the metal facade in the latter two shots...

(Oh, and I just noticed--its long-demolished silhouette above the Crystal Blu sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back