News   May 03, 2024
 14     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 358     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 1K     1 

Highway Expansion

No, I didn't please elaborate.
It's nothing much; there was an ad for the final set of public information meetings coming up over the next few weeks. The EA process is nearly finished, and will be submitted to the province later in June.

At this point, they're working on fine details. If you want to see the overall route plan, it's at http://www.407eastea.com/tpr.html

Last edited:
The route is as follows....

TRR0515ppi.jpg

That will certainly spur development. Land in dark green is protected as part of the Oak Ridges Moraine, and light green appears to be the green belt. Which means we can look forward (?) to everything that is white and non-developed becoming growing to be an urban place.

Wait, niftz raises a good point. Will the 407 Corporation pay any money for the extension?? If they don't they shouldn't be allowed to toll it!

I guess it depends who pays for/builds the 407 extension. If it's Queen's Park then I imagine it'd be a regular King's Highway 407, and not 407 ETR. Although I could be wrong.

I wonder what they'll number the Durham Connectors. I mean connector just sounds bad. I just realized something. For pretty much every project, I always start randomly thinking how it would look like when complete. So, small questions like the numbering pop up really early on =P.

It could still be tolled, but with the tolls for that section going to the province. Imagine the revenue!

It could still be tolled, but with the tolls for that section going to the province. Imagine the revenue!

Imagine the quick, one-time cash injection the provincial government could get from then selling the new section to a foreign company for 100 years!

Do we know if the N/S connecting routes will be tolled as well?

None of the ownership or tolling decisions have been made, or at least publicly announced, at this point.

If I had to lay a bet, I would bet on the following, though:

- built by the province
- tolls going to the province
- toll operation contracted to the 407 consortium in exchange for a service fee, in order to retain consistency of toll management, but with the 407 consortium being forced to accept changes to customer service practices in exchange for the contract (e.g. improve experience for users of the 407).

Last edited:

Back