News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 675     1 

New profile posts

Hi I have not received any email from the builder yet, but I may get into the same boat with you. I have closed my old house on sep 1 and my time and space firm occupancy date is Aug 30. We will be homeless! and do you know why we will not get compensation?
C
CDH
My lawyer claims it is due to circumstances beyond the control of the vendor, such as delay due to Covid restrictions, construction strikes, supply shortages, etc.

I am now asking both the Developer and my lawyer is there remains a possibility that the Delayed Occupancy date can be delayed any further. Still awaiting responses.

Please let me know how things unfold for you. I will do likewise.
H
Hua-er
I understand covid slower down everything, I do not mind if they tell me that firm date is even next year.If we received a firm date, buyers like us make plans per that date. As I have already sold my old condo. I will have no where to live after aug 31. If i can not move in time and space by aug 30. This is not right, we can bring them on court. Yes I will keep you on post. how this goes. Thanks for sharing.
Reactions: CDH
Hey sorry to bug you, but just wanted to ask, which building are you in for the Time and Space project? I saw in the message forums that your unit is closing occupancy in Feb 2024, my unit just closed but it means I have to pay rent till AT LEAST that time before it'll close close...
hi i'm interested in using one of your 160 front photos in a internal company newsletter, please contact me at stomczyk@sotawall.com
I would love to put a credit to it.

Attachments

• IMG_4485-khaldoon.jpeg
    IMG_4485-khaldoon.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 156
K
khaldoon
You can go ahead and use it. I don’t really care about credits.
S
sotawall
Thank you! If you are doing any more of 160 front please let me know. Email is best. Also we my want to use some for external print down the line.
As a near by resident, I'm happy to have that space redeveloped....but man, its ugly. It looks a suburban mall from the early 90's. Why can't we have nice things :)
Hello Northern Light, looking for some guidance on the community benefits imposed on new developments. Is there a way to get the details on what the developers pay or contribute? Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
N
Northern Light
More often than not, this information can be found in either the 'Decision Report - Approval recommended' or settlement offer if applicable.

There are normally reported by myself or another UT member when the reports come forward, if not, follow the link to those reports.

Should it be unclear, you can always contact either the planner on the file, or the Councillor's office.
R
rkardh
Thank you for the quick reply. How would you assess if the CBC contributions are aligned with typical expectations from the City? Or is there no real way to compare?
N
Northern Light
The comparator is this, CBC is to be levied on applicable developments at 4% of land value on the day the first building permit is issued.
regarding 20 20 towns, contact their office and ask for refund, as these crooks have abandoned this project.
I saw your involvement in The Well building discussions, I wanted to ask when it will properly open for the public. Thanks.
N
Northern Light
If you mean the retail section, it is now (partially) open to walk through; though only a couple of stores are open as yet, most will be open in fall.

If you mean the residential component, I don't know what occupancy dates are in effect, others may know better, but you'd probably be best to contact the leasing agents for that.
Hello. I don't know where to begin or who to discuss this with. Is there a get together for forum members? If so who would I talk to to go to a function if there is one and where etc? hank you.
interchange42
interchange42
Hi! It's been a while since the last get-together, sometime pre-covid. When one does get scheduled, we will make it obvious, likely by emailing every member as well as posting at the top of the Forum. Don't worry, you won't miss it! My guess is that it the next one will happen in October.

By the way, it's best to use the "Conversations" feature for reaching other members! Look for the Envelope icon to use it!

interchange42
interchange42
Just popped to mind that there was one sort-of get together post lockdowns, and that was when the memorial service for Jasonzed was held at Mississauga City Hall last year…

Back