News   Jul 17, 2024
 586     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 511     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Worst names for condo project

Great names: Spire, Kings Court, L Tower, and names that are also a nice-sounding civic address - 1 Bedford, 1 St. Thomas, 1 King West.
Most civic addresses (in the old city at least) sound dignified and more appealing than what the marketers dream up. I'm not sure why they aren't used more!

IMHO, Pier 27 is also a good name.

For me, I like condo names that are more descriptive of their surrounding/location(St James- is another) in a modest way.

Do not likes:

-subjective adjectives (ie. Success Tower,Pinacle Tower)

-Any "I am trying to develop a brand" kind of name (i.e Mozo-Modern Living Zone,DNA-Downtowns Next Address) or an attempt to evoke association to other things/places that where the context is an imitation (New York Towers, London on the Esplanade,etc) also doesn't do it for me.

I wonder if/when the time will come where you have corporate sponsored names for new construction condos, or condo boards deciding to change their names to some corporate name for a fee to help their reserve fund.

Absolute Condos also dubbed Marilyn Manson I mean Monroe is really dumb name. The curve design however, looks pretty cool. Shame they couldn't come up with better a name for such a unique landmark design.

I know it's been around for a while but "The Residences of the World Trade Centre" at Yonge/Lake Shore as to be by far the worst name any condo has ever been given in this city, does it even make a lick of sense??? Where is the trade centre?

I know it's been around for a while but "The Residences of the World Trade Centre" at Yonge/Lake Shore as to be by far the worst name any condo has ever been given in this city, does it even make a lick of sense??? Where is the trade centre?

Yeah I kind of wondered why this building was named as such. Anyone have any clue why?

The convention-hall annex to the Harbour Castle was (is?!?) known as the World Trade Centre, believe it or not.

Of course, nobody knew the connotations the name would have--though I still get my kicks out of referring to the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre. (Yeah, it's doubly unfortunate that there *are* two towers.)

Nevertheless, not a bad condo complex for its c1990 time (by Zeidler, if I'm not mistaken)

The convention-hall annex to the Harbour Castle was (is?!?) known as the World Trade Centre, believe it or not.

Thanks for the explanation - I never understood this one and now I can also tell my friend who lives there why it is so named.

Besides the bad condo names, I have to nominate a bad condo ad. It's a radio ad I hear every morning. A female narator questions the listener and tries to appeal to those who have been searching for the perfect condo for such a long time and presents the new condo development to answer their dreams. A crooner in the back ground sings Englebert Humperdinck's "Quando Quando" but instead sings"
"Tell me when will you be mine...Won't you tell me Condo, Condo...!"

I kid you not. Funny thing is, I'm actually starting to like hearing this ad!

Back