News   May 15, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey nels did you call the lady for bell that I gave u ?
I'm only committed on a 2yr with a phone and none with the net
What package did you get with Rogers ?

Hey OEW,
Yep, I called her - the price for the home phone was very good. She was willing to further reduce the phone price by $10 for months 4-12 if I got the internet essential plan as well. I think I'll go for it, since it'll reduce the overall bundle price for a year. I'm pretty sure she said the bundle price required a 1-yr contract for internet. I'll call back to make sure.

For Rogers cable, I was offered 3 months free for both the VIP package + HD cable box rental. Months 4-12 I would get the box rental for half price. No contract. Towards the end of my 3rd month I'll call and see if I can get a discount on the VIP package if I commit for at least a year.

Hi nels,

I hope ur enjoying ur new home =).

Can you please confirm what all is covered in our maintaince fees and what we need to pay apart from that on our own? I think electricity we are responsible for but water is covered right?

Hey OEW,
Yep, I called her - the price for the home phone was very good. She was willing to further reduce the phone price by $10 for months 4-12 if I got the internet essential plan as well. I think I'll go for it, since it'll reduce the overall bundle price for a year. I'm pretty sure she said the bundle price required a 1-yr contract for internet. I'll call back to make sure.

For Rogers cable, I was offered 3 months free for both the VIP package + HD cable box rental. Months 4-12 I would get the box rental for half price. No contract. Towards the end of my 3rd month I'll call and see if I can get a discount on the VIP package if I commit for at least a year.

Hi nels,

I hope ur enjoying ur new home =).

Can you please confirm what all is covered in our maintaince fees and what we need to pay apart from that on our own? I think electricity we are responsible for but water is covered right?

Hi Maple,
Things are moving along well. We haven't found many deficiencies with our unit, which was such a huge relief. They seemed to have corrected almost all of our items from our PDI.

Our maintence fees is supposed to cover:
1. water
2. gas
3. common area maintenance (eg, exercise room, internal & external cleaning, etc)
4. building insurance
5. a portion of it also goes towards a condo reserve fund (for future large repairs, other expenses)

Therefore, aside from your future mortgage payments and maintenance fees, we will have to pay for:
a) electricity (through "Enercare")
b) property taxes (after we officially own our units / the condo is registered)
c) your personal contents insurance (to protect you in case of theft, or damage from things like flooding accidents etc).

This about covers it.

Thanks, nels =)

Hi Maple,
Things are moving along well. We haven't found many deficiencies with our unit, which was such a huge relief. They seemed to have corrected almost all of our items from our PDI.

Our maintence fees is supposed to cover:
1. water
2. gas
3. common area maintenance (eg, exercise room, internal & external cleaning, etc)
4. building insurance
5. a portion of it also goes towards a condo reserve fund (for future large repairs, other expenses)

Therefore, aside from your future mortgage payments and maintenance fees, we will have to pay for:
a) electricity (through "Enercare")
b) property taxes (after we officially own our units / the condo is registered)
c) your personal contents insurance (to protect you in case of theft, or damage from things like flooding accidents etc).

This about covers it.

$268k/851 sq ft. ~ $315/ft. That's pretty much the same as the pre-construction pricing isn't it?

Unit looks great with lots of windows/natural light.

Oh that sucks Xponis!

Call and give them hell! That countertop should definitely be flush to the wall or at least very close. It really makes a huge difference to the look of the counter. Mine was fixed before I moved in so there's no excuse why yours wasn't.

I also had a similar experience with sloppy siliconing. Make sure that you note it on your 30 day Tarion. I've designated this weekend for starting to complete that form. I don't intend to pay for any of this sloppy workmanship out of my own pocket. I already paid for the unit to be built....properly.

Now that I've heard about your floors, I will take an extra close look at mine as well. Good luck with the rest of the move Xponis!

Yea it sucks and the fun continued for me!! I dont have internet yet and was dealing with the wonderful customer service at Norstar last week. Thursday night, after my move I decided that I should turn the heat on to warm up my place. To my suprise, my heat is not working and just blowing out air. I check my panel and in behind I see a red light blinking (that's never good!). So I call on Friday and the response I got was, we have the HVAC people coming in on Monday so wait until then?? WOW, minus 11 and minus 12 overnight tempartures throughout the weekend and Norstars response was to wait! So I left a message back, explaining that heat was a basic necessity and that they needed to at least supply me with portable heat. I also called Tarion and they called the builder immediately with the same response I had.....they did supply me with 1 portable heater that plugs into my dryer...opposite end of the bedroom. I really appreciate the fact that I had to argue and get Tarion involved before they gave me at least a heater. They called today to go fix....yay finally heat!! Between that and cold showers its been really cold for me....anyone else get their hot water fixed yet?

I suggest anyone who hasnt done their PDI to turn the heater on, at the begining of their inspection and see if it blows hot air.

Also,
They didnt fix half the stuff I wrote donw on my PDI...they did however repaint the bedrooms because the original quote was really bad, but know they have to replace the carpets cause they spilled paint in both rooms all over the place...

sorry for the rant....
Xponis

$268k/851 sq ft. ~ $315/ft. That's pretty much the same as the pre-construction pricing isn't it?

Unit looks great with lots of windows/natural light.

Hi Bruizeman,

it's close to pre-construction pricing, probably added an additional $20k..

Ick! No apology necessary. That is horrendous!

How could they possibly justify leaving you without heat when the temperatures are still in the minuses? What a crock! I'm so happy to hear that you have heat now.

Don't worry about the rant. That's what this forum is here for, as far as I'm concerned.

Yea it sucks and the fun continued for me!! I dont have internet yet and was dealing with the wonderful customer service at Norstar last week. Thursday night, after my move I decided that I should turn the heat on to warm up my place. To my suprise, my heat is not working and just blowing out air. I check my panel and in behind I see a red light blinking (that's never good!). So I call on Friday and the response I got was, we have the HVAC people coming in on Monday so wait until then?? WOW, minus 11 and minus 12 overnight tempartures throughout the weekend and Norstars response was to wait! So I left a message back, explaining that heat was a basic necessity and that they needed to at least supply me with portable heat. I also called Tarion and they called the builder immediately with the same response I had.....they did supply me with 1 portable heater that plugs into my dryer...opposite end of the bedroom. I really appreciate the fact that I had to argue and get Tarion involved before they gave me at least a heater. They called today to go fix....yay finally heat!! Between that and cold showers its been really cold for me....anyone else get their hot water fixed yet?

I suggest anyone who hasnt done their PDI to turn the heater on, at the begining of their inspection and see if it blows hot air.

Also,
They didnt fix half the stuff I wrote donw on my PDI...they did however repaint the bedrooms because the original quote was really bad, but know they have to replace the carpets cause they spilled paint in both rooms all over the place...

sorry for the rant....
Xponis

How could they possibly justify leaving you without heat when the temperatures are still in the minuses? What a crock! I'm so happy to hear that you have heat now.

Don't worry about the rant. That's what this forum is here for, as far as I'm concerned.

hey bloom and anyone else that lives in the building

can anyone please ask tony or anyone there that may know somthing(good luck impossible task) when we will stop paying rent as my mortage dealer has informed me they may be a delay as that means more rent,i have tryed to call jessica but all i get is a machine,so if someone can try from there as i have heard july and august are the months now,more crappy norstar shenanigins

oh and xponis that sucks about no heat but bloom im not sure why you would be surprised with this,i have a fealing we will all be calling tarion alot,put in on your speed dial ...lol

Thanks bloomingsmurf.....I dont have heat yet but hopefully its fixed by the time I get home tonight, they should be in my unit right now fixing it. Do you have hot water issues as well? I cant seem to get water hot enough to take a comfortable shower. I asked them to fix that too, knowing my luck, they will fix that and break something else...

I was pleased at how quickly Tarion responded to my email though...and must have resulted in portable heat.

Does anyone else have switch in their bedroom(s)? I do, but cant seem to figure out what they do. I assumed they would be connected to the plugs, i.e. plug in a lamp and turn it off on your way out with the light switch....no dice..

can anyone please ask tony or anyone there that may know somthing(good luck impossible task) when we will stop paying rent as my mortage dealer has informed me they may be a delay as that means more rent,i have tryed to call jessica but all i get is a machine,so if someone can try from there as i have heard july and august are the months now,more crappy norstar shenanigins

oh and xponis that sucks about no heat but bloom im not sure why you would be surprised with this,i have a fealing we will all be calling tarion alot,put in on your speed dial ...lol

Agreed, Tarion will probably know me by first name....not sure I can trust anyone from this builder right now but I will ask the question if i get a chance....It seems like they are misinformed on a lot of things. My 30 day form will be quite large as I have many, many issues with my unit...

Update on heat....they went in to fix but cant seem to figure out what the problem is even though on Friday they said they knew what it was and ordered the parts to fix it, or thats what they just told me and waited until today to have the HVAC people come in and look at it..or there was more than one issue with my HVAC.not sure but another night without heat for me!!! or just the portable heater....

Thanks bloomingsmurf.....I dont have heat yet but hopefully its fixed by the time I get home tonight,

Does anyone else have switch in their bedroom(s)? I do, but cant seem to figure out what they do. I assumed they would be connected to the plugs, i.e. plug in a lamp and turn it off on your way out with the light switch....no dice..

The light switch in the bedroom should be connected to one of the plugs, near where you'd place a night table lamp. Check your electric panel and see if the breaker was turned off by Norstar. When we got occupancy, I noticed that 2 of our breakers in the panel were in the 'off' position - these controlled all the swtiches for the 2 bedrooms & den.

Not really surprised. Just confounded as to how they can leave someone without heat when it's cold.

Back