News   May 31, 2024
 234     3 
News   May 31, 2024
 905     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 703     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

You're so right Nels,

2GB is totally ridonculous. My phone almost allows that much!

Hi All,

Here's a quote I received for a basic telephone service & internet from Bell:
==================================================================================================
Internet Essential Plus (2Mbps of speed and 2GB of usage) would be $29.95 + $3.95 modem fee = $33.90 per month plus taxes. Discount = 100% free for 3 months.

Home Phone Lite (no features) : $19.95 + $2.98 touch tone/911 fees = $22.93 per month plus taxes.

Please note that when you take TV services your internet prices will be -$5 per month.

==================================================================================================

The 2GB bandwidth for this plan is a joke. But, you can add "usage insurance", by paying an extra $5 for 40GB of additional bandwidth. If you do any kind of high def video streaming online, downloading, etc., you'll need to buy this, or else they charge you more per GB from going over the 2GB limit.

For those that's moving, and have old bell "unlimited" service, I suggest you DO NOT change to their new plans, as this would mean that you have to pay for your usage, this to me, is a "new way" for them to charge us for absolutely nothing. I had a friend with all those online TV service, didn't aware of this, and he got charged for about $150 the first month for over bandwidth. We're in an information age and this new UBB thing is absolutely going backwards. Those big cooperations saw their revenue drop and they came up with this to get more money out of us, which is a big joke in my opinion.

Hi All,

Internet Essential Plus (2Mbps of speed and 2GB of usage) would be $29.95 + $3.95 modem fee = $33.90 per month plus taxes. Discount = 100% free for 3 months.

Home Phone Lite (no features) : $19.95 + $2.98 touch tone/911 fees = $22.93 per month plus taxes.

Please note that when you take TV services your internet prices will be -$5 per month.

The 2GB bandwidth for this plan is a joke. But, you can add "usage insurance", by paying an extra $5 for 40GB of additional bandwidth. If you do any kind of high def video streaming online, downloading, etc., you'll need to buy this, or else they charge you more per GB from going over the 2GB limit.

Hi All,

WOW, that's bad. i haven't used Bell for close to a decade now and definitely don't plan on going back (especially after their UBB crap).

FYI - I'm currently with Acanac DSL, on a 5mbps profile, unlimited for about $30 a month...

Nice! maybe I should give them a try, is it possible to have 2 DSLs in one unit?? lol

WOW, that's bad. i haven't used Bell for close to a decade now and definitely don't plan on going back (especially after their UBB crap).

FYI - I'm currently with Acanac DSL, on a 5mbps profile, unlimited for about $30 a month...

Nice! maybe I should give them a try, is it possible to have 2 DSLs in one unit?? lol

According to the Wilshire brochure it said something like "state of the art Internet/Tv/phone" so.. maybe? You'll need just 2 phone lines.

I'm actually looking into cable from one of the independents... Teksavvy has cable 15/1 for about $45 a month. I think Acanac has a similar deal.

hm... Acanac DSL require additional $8 for a dry loop, which Bell doesn't charge, so it'll be $33 plus tax, still not bad, but I think I'll be better off going with cable from teksavvy, with much higher download speed. I don't see Acanac have cable internet though.

According to the Wilshire brochure it said something like "state of the art Internet/Tv/phone" so.. maybe? You'll need just 2 phone lines.

I'm actually looking into cable from one of the independents... Teksavvy has cable 15/1 for about $45 a month. I think Acanac has a similar deal.

Thanks Marco!

The LED lights are definitely much cooler and more comfortable for the eyes.

The appliance delivery went well. I got to the condo for 8am, I called Mark at Appliance Canada and he said they should be there around 8:30/9am. The guys came around 9:30, and they were so quick! I think they did two deliveries that day. They took the boxes off everything before bringing it up, and he put everything into place. I didn’t upgrade my appliances, I like the standard ones that came with the place.

And to everyone who is living there already, do you notice the water for showers getting colder? I took a shower last night and it was freezing!
And it was on full hot! I left a message for Alexandra. Other than that, it’s a lot of dusting! Lol, it drives me crazy so I am constantly dusting and
wiping.

I’m planning on calling Bell later today to see what their prices are like so I will report back.

Hey itslindap

Did they connect your dishwasher and ect?

And I have the number of the bell rep that is dealing for our our condo, others here have asked for the info,do you want it?

Hi All,

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I got my keys on Tuesday...no issues getting the keys and moving slowly at night like others. They didnt complete even half the items from my pdi so I'm not too happy about that. Pieces of green tape I put in my unit are still there. The issue I had with the countertop not beeing flush to the wall is still there. There resolution was to mount gobs of silicone in the gap and whoever did the job was very slopply and its not even straight. They also managed to smear silicone on my countertop and wall around this spot :mad:....Not sure who did the silicone job in my unit but that person needs alot more practice. All over my unit, in the bathrooms, around the showers, around the sinks there is either gobs of silicone or nothing...thankfully all going on my 30 day form.

When i did my pdi they had paper on the floor so we dont ruin it, i would suggest anyone doing their pdi to check underneath. I have several chips on my floor, a couple were penciled in....lol...

There are actually quite a few things in my unit that should have been completed before I moved in....they had close to 2 months to complete.

Oh that sucks Xponis!

Call and give them hell! That countertop should definitely be flush to the wall or at least very close. It really makes a huge difference to the look of the counter. Mine was fixed before I moved in so there's no excuse why yours wasn't.

I also had a similar experience with sloppy siliconing. Make sure that you note it on your 30 day Tarion. I've designated this weekend for starting to complete that form. I don't intend to pay for any of this sloppy workmanship out of my own pocket. I already paid for the unit to be built....properly.

Now that I've heard about your floors, I will take an extra close look at mine as well. Good luck with the rest of the move Xponis!

Hi All,

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I got my keys on Tuesday...no issues getting the keys and moving slowly at night like others. They didnt complete even half the items from my pdi so I'm not too happy about that. Pieces of green tape I put in my unit are still there. The issue I had with the countertop not beeing flush to the wall is still there. There resolution was to mount gobs of silicone in the gap and whoever did the job was very slopply and its not even straight. They also managed to smear silicone on my countertop and wall around this spot :mad:....Not sure who did the silicone job in my unit but that person needs alot more practice. All over my unit, in the bathrooms, around the showers, around the sinks there is either gobs of silicone or nothing...thankfully all going on my 30 day form.

When i did my pdi they had paper on the floor so we dont ruin it, i would suggest anyone doing their pdi to check underneath. I have several chips on my floor, a couple were penciled in....lol...

There are actually quite a few things in my unit that should have been completed before I moved in....they had close to 2 months to complete.

Sorry to hear that xponis, but I do notice that they're not really careful with their silicone job, I've notice that when doing my PDI. Espically those undersink ones that you can't see. I've already done my PDI so I can't check until I moved in, but would let you konw if similar happened to my unit.

Hi All,

Hi All,

Thanks for the update. This silicone person should be replaced.

Hey itslindap

Did they connect your dishwasher and ect?

And I have the number of the bell rep that is dealing for our our condo, others here have asked for the info,do you want it?

Hey one eye wonder,

No, they didn't connect my dishwasher. He plugged in the stove for me and told me to wait 4 hours before plugging in the fridge. He said that they just deliver and don't do installations at all.

Is the bell number the one that came with the package Alexandra gives you when you get yours keys? If so, I got that number, thank you for the offer though! Also, did you get a paper slipped in your door from bell with another rep on it? I went home on Tuesday and it was wedged in my door.

To everyone who has moved in - what do you think of the parking and lockers? My spot is far from the elevators, I'm going to be getting a lot of exercise! Lol. Also, the lockers seem strange. Some seem to have their own locker right by their spot, and some have their locker in a room with other people. Wonder how they picked who gets what spot / locker.

Back