News   May 16, 2024
 147     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 363     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.2K     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Be prepared everyone! When your occupancy date comes, Norstar's lawyers will take their sweet time in checking your documents and giving the go-ahead to pick up your keys. My occupancy is today, the site office closes at 4pm, it's 2:15 pm right now and I have still had no word from anyone. I can't go pick up the keys until the site office is notified by Norstar's lawyer and I need at least an hour's travel time to be able to get to the office to pick up the key. ARGH! They are so last minute with everything!

Thanks for keeping us all posted, even while you're going through all this anxiety & stress! We all hope you got the call before 3pm so you could go & pick up your key.

Hi guys,

To those who already moved in to their unit, how & where do you get your mail? We toured the area last weekend and we can't find the mail boxes. We noticed that the ground floor units have higher ceiling than the regular units. Any idea of the occupancy fee?

Hey OEW,

They called me at 3:45 to tell me to pick up my keys and the office at Wilshire closes at 4! I had my team rush down to the office and act as a door stop until I was able to get there! Considering I work downtown, they are so lucky I was able to make it in 40 minutes! In any case, the story has a happy ending and I GOT MY KEYS!!! Woo hoo! :D

Hey bloom

Wow I'm surprised lol not norstar,please keep us posted on the results of today, I am worried about the norstar Tom foolery

Hi AGP,

If you walk through the lobby, you will need to make a left turn at the hallway. Walk about 10 feet or so and then turn left again. The mailboxes are there.

Hi guys,

To those who already moved in to their unit, how & where do you get your mail? We toured the area last weekend and we can't find the mail boxes. We noticed that the ground floor units have higher ceiling than the regular units. Any idea of the occupancy fee?

Marco,

Did they say why they shouldn't have installed the backsplash all the way up the wall for the OTRs? My kitchen had the same thing but I'm not sure why it's a problem.

Today when I pass by Wilshire, I went in and talk to Michael a little, and met Patrick, who was trying to talk to Michael with the Over the range microwave issue. He have mirror back splash, and have OTR mount installed, exactly as I do, found an issue that, they installed the back splash, behind the OTR microwave, which they shouldn't. I probably would expected that to happen to my unit as well.

Hey OEW,

They called me at 3:45 to tell me to pick up my keys and the office at Wilshire closes at 4! I had my team rush down to the office and act as a door stop until I was able to get there! Considering I work downtown, they are so lucky I was able to make it in 40 minutes! In any case, the story has a happy ending and I GOT MY KEYS!!! Woo hoo! :D

Hey bloom congratulations,keep us posted when you can on anything interesting like the rent fee is? Did encare hook your stuff up? Parking lot open or locker? And how about the mail?

Hey bloom congratulations,keep us posted when you can on anything interesting like the rent fee is? Did encare hook your stuff up? Parking lot open or locker? And how about the mail?

Hi all,

My lawyer called me yesterday to give me the $ numbers for: a) March occupancy fee (pro-rated); b) Tarion warranty fee; c) monthly occupancy fee amount for 12 post-dated cheques. The occupancy fee was very reasonable, in my opinion. It was a big relief to find out it wasn't as high as my original estimate. Norstar wants to collect the $ for the Tarion warranty now as opposed to final closing.

I hope this helps.

Hi all,

My lawyer called me yesterday to give me the $ numbers for: a) March occupancy fee (pro-rated); b) Tarion warranty fee; c) monthly occupancy fee amount for 12 post-dated cheques. The occupancy fee was very reasonable, in my opinion. It was a big relief to find out it wasn't as high as my original estimate. Norstar wants to collect the $ for the Tarion warranty now as opposed to final closing.

I hope this helps.

Hey nels

Great to hear,so it's close to your mortage payments? Also when is your move in date,as I'm moving in early next mth and so far my lawyers have not heard anything

Hi AGP,

If you walk through the lobby, you will need to make a left turn at the hallway. Walk about 10 feet or so and then turn left again. The mailboxes are there.

Hey apg

Thanks for that,is it safe to change our adress to to unit,has anyone revived mail with the new addy on it?

Hey OEW,

Congrats bloomingsmurf!! I'm happy it worked out and you got your keys on time. One question for you, when you sent in your agreement with encare, how long before they responded to you?

Thanks xponis! It was a mad dash but I made it. :)
I called Enercare and set it up over the phone. When I got to my unit yesterday, it was heated so I assume it all worked out. I'll let you know when my first invoice is mailed.

Congrats, Bloomingsurf! i hope ur enjoying ur new home. please dont forget to visit the blog and keep us updated.

Thanks xponis! It was a mad dash but I made it. :)
I called Enercare and set it up over the phone. When I got to my unit yesterday, it was heated so I assume it all worked out. I'll let you know when my first invoice is mailed.

Hi Nels,

how much is the Tarion Warranty fee? Why are they collecting it now?

Hi all,

I hope this helps.

AHAHHAHAHAH.....lol

Hey, Mine was the same way. Hey we have Norstar for another few months. One the other hand, we have Malvern for years. Hope such sloppiness isn't a sign of things to come.

On that note, I hear that Mango3 got her letter hand-delivered, by courier, in a sealed envelope. :)

Hi Nels,

how much is the Tarion Warranty fee? Why are they collecting it now?

Hi Maple,

It really depends on how much you bought your unit for. Here's the chart with the fee amounts from the Tarion site:

http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Protection/Pages/Warranty-Fees.aspx

I too, was surprised that we had to pay for this up front, and not at final closing. My lawyer was just the messenger. No doubt it's because the warranty coverage begins once you start occupying the unit.

Last edited:

Back