News   Jun 11, 2024
 33     0 
News   Jun 10, 2024
 518     0 
News   Jun 10, 2024
 960     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Haha yeah, it is almost guaranteed that if they promise you anything, and it is not on paper, it is for sure that you won't be getting it. It seems stupid to put trust on anyone now as they use "verbal promise" to get you hooked, or off their tail for a while. And when there is dispute, they'll just say "sorry, it is not written on paper, so you're screwed" lol. Can't believe that morality could be this low when it comes to business, all they want is profits and don't really care about their reputations. I thought Appliance Canada isn't Norstar, so I took their words, this proves me wrong again, this have to be apply to everyone it seems.

Yikes, sorry to hear about your latest ordeal, Marco. Nothing seems to be easy and straight forward. All the headaches are being passed on to us. Our collective patience will be tested, so we'll have to try to keep calm and let things happen as they come.

The person I saw was on the second floor. I don't think Norstar is doing things logically by floor. People seem to be having their PDIs and moving in at very random times.

I wonder if any are from this site? I would like to hear how it is,I can assume it's floor 1 so far

Hi Agp,

I know what you mean. Norstar doesn't even remotely concern themselves with customer service. They're total crooks in my opinion.

On the other hand, try to think of the positive side. We're so close! In less than a year we won't have to deal with Norstar anymore.

My lawyer didn't get my paperwork until 2 business days before my occupancy date. My advice to everyone is to let your boss know now that you will likely have to leave early or take a half day about 2-3 days before your occupancy date. If you wait to hear from your lawyer before arranging time off, you won't be giving work much notice at all.

Hi guys,

What I don't understand is that why we have to book a the elevator for the appliance delivery, considering that we don't have any control over the vendor's delivery time.
We are getting annoyed on how Norstar is treating us, for the lack of customer service.
Our tentative moving date is on March 18, until now we have not received a final confirmation notice. We contacted Norstar and been told that their lawyer will contact our lawyer. Contacted our lawyer and told us that he have not received any communications from Norstar's lawyer nor any update to their website as our lawyer was given a password to access the site. Norstar does not have any regards to the people who bought the unit at wilshire, they only think of their bottom line. I can't wait to get out of this horrible nightmare.

Hi,
I just spoke to our Building Manager, and it was explained to me that we do NOT need to book the elevator for either: a) appliance delivery or b) purchased furniture items from a store (eg, Brick, Leons etc). You WILL need to book the elevator and place the $150 deposit for moving your own personal stuff from your old place, since you'd be using it for an extended period of time.

You must be in your unit at the time your delivery arrives, so that you can then open the door for them.

At least we won't need to book the elevator every time we're expecting a large delivery package.

Cheers

Last edited:
That great Nels_TO, thanks for the info.

Also as bloomingsmurf said, my layer told me that they will contact me to sign paperwork few days before closing, and by the time they will told me what amount to put on those post dated cheques. I just called my lawyer few minutes ago. I guess I'll have to take afternoon off to take care of this when they inform me.

Hi,
I just spoke to our Building Manager, and it was explained to me that we do NOT need to book the elevator for either: a) appliance delivery or b) purchased furniture items from a store (eg, Brick, Leons etc). You WILL need to book the elevator and place the $150 deposit for moving your own personal stuff from your old place, since you'd be using it for an extended period of time.

You must be in your unit at the time your delivery arrives, so that you can then open the door for them.

At least we won't need to book the elevator every time we're expecting a large delivery package.

Cheers

Hi,

Cheers

hey nels

your kidding me,i got all the furniture and applience people to come at the time we booked and i find out that we could have done it any time after we move in,why did they not say that in the paper,how hard would that be,or am i the only one who though that you had to book everyone at that time.also i was in the elevator today and found it small,good luck to the brick leons and ect movers,has anyone have any idea of the amount of "RENT" money is each month ....also are the cable outlets the same in all the units,anyone know,i have my pdi next week, is anyone here on the 5th floor?

hey nels

your kidding me,i got all the furniture and applience people to come at the time we booked and i find out that we could have done it any time after we move in,why did they not say that in the paper,how hard would that be,or am i the only one who though that you had to book everyone at that time.also i was in the elevator today and found it small,good luck to the brick leons and ect movers,has anyone have any idea of the amount of "RENT" money is each month ....also are the cable outlets the same in all the units,anyone know,i have my pdi next week, is anyone here on the 5th floor?

Hey OEW,

That's the explanation given to me by Alexandra. She was pleasant to speak to on the phone, so that was a plus. I told her that it would have been very unpleasant to book the elevator everytime a delivery was expected. The bottom line was, the $150 refundable cheque only applies to your own move.

I haven't received any info on occupancy fees - like bloomingsmurf, this will likely only happen a couple of days before our occupancyy date.

Good luck with your PDI!

You're not alone one eye wonder, I try to get appliance canada to deliver at the same day as my move in lol, I guess I should have change to next day. It should be easy to change... just one phone call away.

I'm on 5th floor too and I haven't done my PDI yet. I think if you did not change your unit layout, it pretty much the same for all units.

Since they do things so unprofessionally.... I'm fear what I might find out at my PDI.... as I changed my layout a little.

Today when I pass by Wilshire, I went in and talk to Michael a little, and met Patrick, who was trying to talk to Michael with the Over the range microwave issue. He have mirror back splash, and have OTR mount installed, exactly as I do, found an issue that, they installed the back splash, behind the OTR microwave, which they shouldn't. I probably would expected that to happen to my unit as well.

Also, I really hope they can get the elevator working on the day of move, as I don't want to ask mover to move by climbing stairs, and I don't think moving fridge/washer/dryers/sofa can be done by stairs safely. My movers are by "hour" so if they can make it, I'll probably end up paying a couple hundred more than I should be, if they gone through stairs.

hey nels

I hope you won't have issues installing the OTR microwave, Marco.

Let's all pray that both elevators will be operational for all our deliveries and personal moves !!! Surely they can fit a sofa or mattress, right??

Yep, people are moving in already. I was there over the weekend and I saw one of my neighbours unpacking. :)

Hey folks,

Happy to see that everyone is finally moving in. Has anyone been assigned their parking space and locker as yet? Any idea about locker size?

Mine was unsealed as well. i thought somebody went through my mail....lol. U guys are awesome.im so glad we are going to have awesome neighbours who keep each other informed.

Hey, Mine was the same way. Hey we have Norstar for another few months. One the other hand, we have Malvern for years. Hope such sloppiness isn't a sign of things to come.

On that note, I hear that Mango3 got her letter hand-delivered, by courier, in a sealed envelope. :)

Hey folks,

Happy to see that everyone is finally moving in. Has anyone been assigned their parking space and locker as yet? Any idea about locker size?

Hey all

I was at the site today to ask about the outlet for the cables,I was told to enter at the front entrance at the round about,I went up the elevators,both were working and I was told that these are the only two elevators,they were not complete it was all wood around them,also the floors and wall of the 1st floor was not finished, but is there anyone here that has moved in as I'm sure we would all like too know about the parking spaces and ect? Anyone know if they have all the units sold?

Hey, Mine was the same way. Hey we have Norstar for another few months. One the other hand, we have Malvern for years. Hope such sloppiness isn't a sign of things to come.

On that note, I hear that Mango3 got her letter hand-delivered, by courier, in a sealed envelope. :)

Hey koff

Atleast the ppl from malvern are nice unlike .... From what Marco said,and also was nice to me. But what do you mean we get them for years? I thought we would pick a president,althou I have no idea how it works

Hey koff

Atleast the ppl from malvern are nice unlike .... From what Marco said,and also was nice to me. But what do you mean we get them for years? I thought we would pick a president,althou I have no idea how it works

One eye wonder,

You are problably right. I think we have to vote of the executive within a year. So, I should withdraw that comment.

Back