News   Jul 17, 2024
 89     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 717     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 530     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Now that Telus is committed to representing Canadian values..............maybe they could do something about a Board and a Senior Management team that aren't particularly representative.

I count 2 visible minorities and 5 women on the 13 member board.

Perhaps someone more diverse could be found to fill the now vacant spot............

Senior Management has 12 profiles up, 2 minorities, 3 women. Not quite reflective of the country either.

In politics or in business........its nice when the (positive) rhetoric is matched by the actions.

Yeah, but appropriate candidates need to exist first. Filling positions by ticking boxes is just stupid.

And what are Telus saying about using Huawei for their 5G hardware? Because you can go all in ticking boxes but if you're opening that particular back door then all your liberal values are for naught anyway.

Yeah, but appropriate candidates need to exist first. Filling positions by ticking boxes is just stupid.

And what are Telus saying about using Huawei for their 5G hardware? Because you can go all in ticking boxes but if you're opening that particular back door then all your liberal values are for naught anyway.

I don't want to see unqualified candidates on Boards; though based on the number of political hacks occupying said positions, I think that may already be a lost battle,

But I have to say, I find it really hard to believe a large company, capable of hiring a search firm to fill that role can't find a 3rd visible minority for the job.

That seems absurd on its face.

Its entirely true that due to lack of opportunities, whether through racism/sexism or through lack of connections, or money, there are fewer minority/women candidates for board positions.

That needs to be remedied.

But it certainly can't be done instantly.

However, I have little doubt at this point that there are myriad qualified candidates overlooked, who could help provide a more diverse perspective.

And likely contribute more business acumen and political insight than Stockwell Day!

Last edited:
Scheer has the CPC polling at 25% and I don't think a new leader will get a huge bump for them.

EDIT:

Derek Sloan must be in DGAF mode now, as he is now going after a woman's right to choose.

Last edited:
Honestly, the CPC should be worried. Trump is combusting in the US. And he's going to drag down conservatives everywhere that supported him or adopted populism.

I don't want to see unqualified candidates on Boards; though based on the number of political hacks occupying said positions, I think that may already be a lost battle,

Investors usually control board seats though. Not the company. Don't ask Telus. Ask their investors why the Directors they appoint aren't more diverse.

Investors usually control board seats though. Not the company. Don't ask Telus. Ask their investors why the Directors they appoint aren't more diverse.

Because most retail investors can't be bothered to inform themselves. As for the institutional investors.....I'll let your imagination do the work. ;)

O'Toole is now promising to balance the budget super fast. Good luck with that!
O'Toole: A debt-free country is better than a death-free country (death referring to preventable deaths). We have to sacrifice some of our most vulnerable to eliminate debt. Some people are so old that they are better off dead, since they're going to die sooner or later, than to keep them alive. Our biggest regret is that we haven't exterminated the natives thoroughly enough and pilfer their wealth. The reason Canada has debt is because we have to finance those who would soon die and we have to finance those that we should have exterminated earlier. Oh, and I admire Jair Bolsonaro for burning down the Amazon Rainforest and for not wasting money on fighting COVID-19.

Me: O'Toole is cruel and heartless. Never underestimate COVID-19, but don't panic from it.

Last edited:
Now that Telus is committed to representing Canadian values..............maybe they could do something about a Board and a Senior Management team that aren't particularly representative.

I count 2 visible minorities and 5 women on the 13 member board.

Perhaps someone more diverse could be found to fill the now vacant spot............

Senior Management has 12 profiles up, 2 minorities, 3 women. Not quite reflective of the country either.

In politics or in business........its nice when the (positive) rhetoric is matched by the actions.

Agreed. All lip service till we see action and I think that’s exactly what we will see. A lot of talk but not much action as this bubbles over and we’re onto something else.

Back