News   Jul 17, 2024
 76     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 711     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 530     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

#ScheerStupidity is trending on Twitter again. What did he do this time?

Tried to cross the closed border to his homeland.

Dammit, that joke doesn't even make sense because as a dual citizen he'd be allowed across anyway.

Tried to cross the closed border to his homeland.

Dammit, that joke doesn't even make sense because as a dual citizen he'd be allowed across anyway.
Yes but only ONCE (dual citizens can go from one to another only once unless they are working in one country and living in the other). If AS left us (sob, sob!) he would be stuck in US. Good for the Tory party I would say!

Yes but only ONCE (dual citizens can go from one to another only once unless they are working in one country and living in the other). If AS left us (sob, sob!) he would be stuck in US. Good for the Tory party I would say!

One way trip?! I'll drive him! Volunteered first!

Sorry, my bad. MacKay seems to have backed off his call for a fall election after seeing how bad a position the CPC is in.

Stockwell Day resigns from the Telus Board of Directors a day after comparing racism to being bullied for wearing glasses. “The views expressed by Mr. Day... are not reflective of the values and beliefs of our organization.”

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...Steps-Down-from-TELUS-Board-of-Directors.html

Now that Telus is committed to representing Canadian values..............maybe they could do something about a Board and a Senior Management team that aren't particularly representative.

I count 2 visible minorities and 5 women on the 13 member board.

Perhaps someone more diverse could be found to fill the now vacant spot............

Senior Management has 12 profiles up, 2 minorities, 3 women. Not quite reflective of the country either.

In politics or in business........its nice when the (positive) rhetoric is matched by the actions.

Stockwell Day resigns from the Telus Board of Directors a day after comparing racism to being bullied for wearing glasses. “The views expressed by Mr. Day... are not reflective of the values and beliefs of our organization.”

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...Steps-Down-from-TELUS-Board-of-Directors.html

I guess the organization hasn't been doing sufficient due diligence previously then. The old adage - are they sorry, or are they sorry they got caught?

AoD

Hot take: Derek Sloan won't come close to winning CPC leadership and the party won't allow him to run for a second term.

Back