News   Jun 21, 2024
 4.1K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     1 

What Toronto street is this?

speaking about symington & chicken, does anybody remember the old chicken store, i think it was called royce dupont chicken farms located @ symington & dupont? the old site was torn down and town homes built in its place and i think they moved across the street. from the looks of live maps, even the new location across the street doesn't exist any more. just an abandoned lot now.

Royce Dupont indeed expired--but a Portuguese operation took over the location, and moved kitty-corner to the west a year or two ago. (p.s. it's recommended)

Royce Dupont indeed expired--but a Portuguese operation took over the location, and moved kitty-corner to the west a year or two ago. (p.s. it's recommended)

sad to hear they're not around anymore. <nostalgia>i have lots of childhood memories going along with my mom to buy chicken from them. </nostalgia>

Well, the last photo stumped y'all. Sorry for the poor quality. I'll find a better photo of that street someday...but for now, what street was I recently staring down?

dsc00177.jpg

Those old rail yard light towers (seen in the background of that last photo) are great historic structures themselves. There's actually a ladder to a top platform on each. Here's a gallery of the view back in 2004 from the one near Liberty Village.

^To be clear, the street I photographed is Ravina Crescent between Baird Avenue and Jones. Earl Grey Rd bisects Ravina, the street to the left in the second photo. (I never knew there was an Early Grey street in Toronto: very cool! I love this area, and would buy a house here.:))

An award-winning local architectural team designed some buildings seen in the background left of this photograph, on __________:

dsc00658q.jpg

Back