News   Mar 28, 2024
 137     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 289     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 656     0 

What do you call someone from...?

A person from Toronto is known as a Torontonian, but there are some other other places that I wonder what their citizens are known as. What do you call someone from: Pickering, Vaughan, Markham, Belleville, Windsor, Welland, Coboug, Tecumseh

Pickeringite, Vaughanite, Markhamite, Bellevillian, Windsorian, Wellander, Cobourgian (CO-BER-GIN), Tecumsehian.

Mayor's a bit of a wanker though, so I wouldn't take anything he says at face value.

Actually, I'm not even a bloody Suburban Wastelander.....I'm just a lowly ol' Farmer.

When someone is from...what are they?

Everyone: Interesting topic-my first with the new UT format-I have thought about this sometimes myself and I will put down a few NYS examples-like the well-known term "New Yorker" that I recall: Note-If I am wrong correct me...
Long Islander(which I am for starters)
Buffalonian,Rochesterian or Rochesterite,Syracuser,Utican,Binghamtoner,Albanian(almost confusing Albany with the nation of Albania)
Schenectadian concerning Upstate cities-as a whole call them Upstaters or LIers Downstaters as we are.

In Ontario: Londoners and Windsorians come to mind...when I look at a map I will probably think of some more...LI MIKE

P.S. A happy and productive 2010 to all here at UT!

I like how Halifax = Haligonian

I actually like a lot of British ones
Glasgow = Glaswegian
Liverpool = Scouser or Liverpudlian
Newcastle = Geordie or Novocastrian
Birmingham = Brummies
Manchester = Mancunian

We really don't have these types of terms here.

Then there's this place
317130466_a2bee6120f.jpg

I can almost see my grandparents' farm house in that photo.

And it's 'fuckheads'.....or at least that's what they called me when they said I was as good as local.

Back