News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.6K     9 

Verve Condos (Tridel) - Real Estate -

Great photos - if you could take a few more pictures of the spectacular penthouse views in all directions (especially since all directions are totally unobstructed) that would be fantastic.

20080304_toronto.jpg

Great view of a much better looking pair of towers (Radio City)!

Thanks for these!

dude, enough with your negativity on every thread! thats a fantastic view of the city and it does look huge, indeed it is huge! I dont know what you are basing your "ugly" comment on but atleast from aerial shots or driving on the Gardiner, the east side is much mor impressive...

Redroom: I'm not negative on every thread! We may both be Sagittarians--and Sag is known to be eternal optimists--but sometimes my desire to tell the truth gets in the way of tact. So I say Verve and ROCP are ugly buildings because I honestly believe they are! Now that Tridel is using Wallman Architects I'm looking forward to better architecture! (Another common trait of the Sag: perfectionism! I hate settling for second or third best:)

Now that all know I'm not a fan of this development, I'll shut up and enjoy the music:)

No, urbandreamer, it looks like a really bustling metropolis twice its actual size from that vantage point. It's the tall financial district towers that cascade down into a carpet of midtown midrises. There are views of the city that feel really metropolitan, like south down Spadina from Queen toward Cityplace, and then there are streets like Harbord, or Gerrard east of Church which make Toronto feel like small-town Ontario.

A sales rep at the Tridel sales office on Carlton said that people would be moving in July. Initial occupancy was originally December, 2008. Looks like Tridel is 5 months ahead of schedule (or perhaps just was conservative). It is impressive that the building has gone up so quickly!

The city looks awesome in this shot but in 5 years it will look almost intimidating. With BA, Aura, Shangri-La, RBC/Ritz, Festival Tower--and maybe even Trump--rising majestically from the current gaps, this city will be firmly in the 3-spot behind only NYC and Chi-town as possessing the continents most massive looking downtown (from certain angles).

Construction Schedules

A sales rep at the Tridel sales office on Carlton said that people would be moving in July. Initial occupancy was originally December, 2008. Looks like Tridel is 5 months ahead of schedule (or perhaps just was conservative). It is impressive that the building has gone up so quickly!

Tridel has a large award-winning IT department that developed custom scheduling software. Combining the IT with our experienced site superintendents and excellent trade relationships it not uncommon to be ahead of schedule, especially when sales are brisk, It takes purchasers by surprise but Tridel always keeps purchasers informed about construction and revised occupancy. Also because of the height of the building the lower level suites tend to get finished even as the top level suites are still being poured or waiting for their windows to be installed. Upper level suite purchasers are still looking at the end of 2008 for occupancy while I noticed many of the lower level suites are well into finishing.

The concrete on the left looks kinda mangled up close... and that's newly poured concrete that is part of Verve right?

Is that right?

Freshly poured - It's going to be filled and finished like other pours.

Back