News   May 14, 2024
 798     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 510     0 

Update: 2006.05.02 - Spire, RoCP, Metropolis, Stern, more...

Re: Update: 2006.05.02 - Spire, RoCP, Metropolis, Stern, mor

Great images!

One note, I came into town by train last week and you can easily see ROCP; it is quite prominent when entering the city from the east.

I really hope they will treat the underside of the Spire balconies. The unfinished concrete sticks out against the glass. Other than that, it is going to be a really great looking building.

Some very interesting 2-floor windows have been installed on the 1-2 floors of Stern at the corners of the building. Leads me to think the balconies will be black as well. This project is finally starting to pick up speed.
I haven't heard much recently about the other projects at the corner of Charles 7 St Thomas although I think the one on the south side of Charles was approved.

Minto has an upcoming project on the corner there.

Here are some Metropolis pics from today:

Aerial shot
DSC02983.jpg

Nice streetwall developing
DSC02985.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

Impact on the Square
DSC02986.jpg

DSC02988.jpg

And finally, the beautiful Yonge St canyon...
DSC02987.jpg

Here's One City Hall:

DSC02982.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

This building could look so good if they were to clean it up.

This building could look so good if they were to clean it up.

The same could be said for a lot of them on Yonge.

I would think BA will have quite the impact on the Yonge canyon, even moreso than Bay Street's.

Ed, that's really cool. When did context ad that to the site? I'd love to see that done for the Ritz as well.

^^ Nice, thanks.

Looks like they are also releasing some new units for the 2-4th Floor of the building. I assume those are the floor plans of the new releases that they have posted.
New Releases

Agree, more developers should do a timelapse on their website to show their construction status instead of still shots from indiscriminate times. Such a simple thing, but creates a dramatic effect.

Just noticed it today even though I visit the site pretty often. How do they make one of those? I've got a bunch of projects that I could do that for.

Just noticed it today even though I visit the site pretty often. How do they make one of those? I've got a bunch of projects that I could do that for.

Ed, the simplest way would be to take photos from the exact same spot over time, and then create a simple animated GIF file.

There are a lot of freeware software packages that would create an animated gif for you.

I've got the photos. Will figure out the animated gif. Thanks.

Ed, if you can't do it, I'll be more then happy to do it for you. Fairly simple process for me to tackle.

Back