News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 539     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I find it's nice to tip the driver in cash too, so that they get 100% of the tip. I suppose that would be one advantage of Uber, is getting rid of having to tipping.

I have not confirmed the details, but a poster over at CPTDB "Xtrasteve" has posted what appears to be a comprehensive list of the TTC September Service changes.

If accurate, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I have not confirmed the details, but a poster over at CPTDB "Xtrasteve" has posted what appears to be a comprehensive list of the TTC September Service changes.

If accurate, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

My favourite is the completely pointless swapping of the 85B and 85C.

Whatever cretin keeps instituting these changes must hold their ridership in high contempt.

My favourite is the completely pointless swapping of the 85B and 85C.

Whatever cretin keeps instituting these changes must hold their ridership in high contempt.

When it comes to service adjustments the TTC tends to create new branches within existing service levels and call them new routes.

The TTC doesn't actually add new routes or better service they just shift things around to look good.

The TTC Board doesn't care about the average rider, they just want to look good for the next election.

With regards to the 85B and 85C swap, this reminds me alot of the 69 Warden South renaming a few years ago.

The 69 Warden South at one point was simply the 69 Warden South signed either via Birchmount or via Warden. It all depended on which routing it took leaving the station.

In any case, they individually labeled them 69A Warden South via Warden and 69B Warden South via Birchmount.

It made zero sense then and still doesn't. It wasn't like it confused anyone.

My point is, if somethings not broken don't fix it.

I can see how the 69 having two distinct routings could cause some confusion, even if they both ended up at the same spot sooner or later. If you wanted to go to Birchmount and Sadler, for example, it would save you a hell of a lot of time to get on the Birchmount branch, rather than doing the scenic tour via Warden. So assigning branch numbers for optimized wayfinding makes sense.

What I can't fathom is how exactly changing the 85B and 85C around helps anyone. People are used to the way things are now, forcing them to relearn it, and gain NOTHING in the process, is done solely out of malice. There is no alternative explanation.

I have now confirmed that in the September Board period there are in fact some modest improvements coming to Line 1 subway service in the peak, mid-day, and early evening periods.

But there will be no improvements to Line 2 or Line 4 service.

Last edited:
I can see how the 69 having two distinct routings could cause some confusion, even if they both ended up at the same spot sooner or later. If you wanted to go to Birchmount and Sadler, for example, it would save you a hell of a lot of time to get on the Birchmount branch, rather than doing the scenic tour via Warden. So assigning branch numbers for optimized wayfinding makes sense.

What I can't fathom is how exactly changing the 85B and 85C around helps anyone. People are used to the way things are now, forcing them to relearn it, and gain NOTHING in the process, is done solely out of malice. There is no alternative explanation.
Ironically I used to take this bus and I appreciated that they added the letters

Back