380     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-22_12-50-47.png
    upload_2018-8-22_12-50-47.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 443
Anyone know if there are any updates on the state of the wireless network in the TTC Subway tunnels? Is there any reason that the big 3 might get over the fact that they didn't build out the infrastructure themselves and activate cellular data already?

For those of you (us) interested in how the installation of new overhead is progressing may be interested to know that the King/Church intersection seems to be completed and they have marked where new poles are needed at King & Parliament. I think all the intersections and much of the tangent wiring on King are now completed or underway. (They seem to have installed new wire but not, yet in many places, new hangers, from about York to Sumach (and on parts of Broadview.)

TTC tender call on MERX. Dated 20 August.

The TTC requires the services of a consultant to provide professional services to the TTC in the form of a Feasibility Study and Business Case Report that will, investigate the retrofitting of all existing stations with a Platform Edge Doors (PED) system and adding PEDs to future extensions lines as well as providing the TTC with the necessary tool for projecting consequences of the initiative of implementing the installation of PEDs throughout its subway system.

For those of you (us) interested in how the installation of new overhead is progressing may be interested to know that the King/Church intersection seems to be completed and they have marked where new poles are needed at King & Parliament. I think all the intersections and much of the tangent wiring on King are now completed or underway. (They seem to have installed new wire but not, yet in many places, new hangers, from about York to Sumach (and on parts of Broadview.)
The last time I looked over a month ago, King/Shaw, Church and Parliament Intersection were not done or started,

King/Queen/Queenways intersection will not be done until 2019 and it will be done when the intersection and the new ROW is done. This includes all lines into the yard.

I don't know if the OS was converted between Dundas and Queen on Broadview after Gerrard Rebuilt, but wasn't after they did Dundas intersection.

If they get King intersections done from Bathurst to the east, 509, 510, 511, 512 and 514 can use pans only on that street to/from the Barns.

Back