News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 651     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 304     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

In Amsterdam, they had these plus it would show how long it would take to get to the stops ahead plus any other bus connections you could make at those stops. Would be cool to have that.
I was in Cork, Ireland last week and they also had the LCDs with predictions to the next three stops plus the terminus.

What if these screens included a GPS map of the bus's location with markings for the locations of the next few stops on the map, zooming in and out as needed? One could hope!

A nice touch, but in all honesty I would much rather have dedicated ROW and signal priority for buses than any amount of USB chargers and TV screens.

A nice touch, but in all honesty I would much rather have dedicated ROW and signal priority for buses than any amount of USB chargers and TV screens.
Indeed , and the TTC are notoriously poor at actually making proper use of the technology it already has so I am not optimistic we will see these screens put to their full use. (e.g. They seem incapable of programing proper destination signage for the Flexities when they are on fairly long-term short-turns - for example 504 at the moment.)

Like the screens in the Toronto Rocket subways? :)

Oh btw, did you know that the Toronto Rocket trains were built in conjunction with the federal, provincial governments and the city of Toronto?
I think you mean they were paid for with $ from all three levels of governance. The specs were set by TTC who was the actual customer.

And built in playstations!

I'm thinking N64s a la late 90s McDonald's. Joysticks so greasy your hands will never be clean again.

It would be great if these buses had Wi-Fi as well.

Cellular data plan is becoming inexpensive, but not all commuters can afford it.

Some commuters may have plans with limited data, but otherwise are excellent and they want to stick with it. I have one that's been grandfathered years ago with limited data but they'd have to pull it from my cold dead hands. On that note UT can be a bit of a data hog, more wifi would be great.

Like the screens in the Toronto Rocket subways? :)

Oh btw, did you know that the Toronto Rocket trains were built in conjunction with the federal, provincial governments and the city of Toronto?

Honestly, I wish those screens would present more useful information like delays. I would rather see a fullscreen notification saying that there is a 6+ alarm fire at Bloor Station at peak rush hour than hearing about how the trains were paid for.

When the train is full or with the audio not always clear such notifications would be extremely useful, especially for the dead.

Back