1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 460     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

TTC welcomes Santa Claus to the subway tomorrow

December 6, 2017

The holiday season officially gets underway on the TTC this week as Santa Claus visit various subway stations tomorrow, Thurs., Dec. 7.

First stop will be Bloor-Yonge Station at 11 a.m., where the spectacular annual Christmas train display, created by retired TTC employee Bill Marushiak will be unveiled.

Santa will hand out candy canes, wishing TTC customers and employees a safe and happy holiday season before riding the subway throughout the downtown, spreading the joy of the season.

PHOTO OP

What: Santa Claus spreading holiday cheer on the subway
Where: Bloor Station, southbound mezzanine level
When: Thurs., Dec. 7, at 11 a.m.

TTC Board to meet next Monday

December 6, 2017

The TTC Board will hold its next meeting on Mon., Dec. 11 at Toronto City Hall.The public session begins at 1 p.m. Those unable to attend can watch the meeting, streamed live, on the Official TTC YouTube channel.

View the agenda and Board reports at https://nam04.safelinks.protection....uMaFhbp0iMG5IeY18hL1lktVQfXZIFYUs=&reserved=0

Date: Mon., Dec. 11, 2017
Time: 1 p.m.
Where: Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W., Second Floor, Committee Room #2

For your information, how transit vehicles get an extension to their green light. In theory only. Not a real "transit priority", since left turning vehicles have a higher priority than transit.

14315-39903.png

Doesn't really work that good when the streetcars have to stop at each and every track switch.

TTC welcomes Santa Claus to the subway tomorrow

December 6, 2017

The holiday season officially gets underway on the TTC this week as Santa Claus visit various subway stations tomorrow, Thurs., Dec. 7.

First stop will be Bloor-Yonge Station at 11 a.m., where the spectacular annual Christmas train display, created by retired TTC employee Bill Marushiak will be unveiled.

Santa will hand out candy canes, wishing TTC customers and employees a safe and happy holiday season before riding the subway throughout the downtown, spreading the joy of the season.

PHOTO OP

What: Santa Claus spreading holiday cheer on the subway
Where: Bloor Station, southbound mezzanine level
When: Thurs., Dec. 7, at 11 a.m.
I wonder if Brad Ross were to be dressed up as the jolly old elf.

I wonder if Brad Ross were to be dressed up as the jolly old elf.

Well.. we are running out of staff to do it. Chris Upfold, Karen Stintz, Mika Midolo amongst others are all gone from the TTC. With any luck we will end up with a miscellaneous staffer filling the spot.

Perhaps we can get Weird Al to perform The Night Santa Went Crazy?

Well.. we are running out of staff to do it. Chris Upfold, Karen Stintz, Mika Midolo amongst others are all gone from the TTC. With any luck we will end up with a miscellaneous staffer filling the spot.

Perhaps we can get Weird Al to perform The Night Santa Went Crazy?
Zanta would help make Santa relevant to teens and young adults.

Zanta would help make Santa relevant to teens and young adults.

I actually saw Zanta earlier this year. He goes by Dave Zancai once again and is in bad shape. I would not let him near teens and young adults given his mental health issues. It would be a supreme liability issue.

He got really touchy feely, started talking to himself and a guy just about levelled him for talking to his young daughter.

Last edited:
A sneak peek at more cladding at Kipling Station (same cladding is currently used at Ossgoode and St.Andrew):

IMG_20171201_1918245[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171201_1918245[1].jpg
    IMG_20171201_1918245[1].jpg
    179 KB · Views: 462
Poor old BBD up to its useless mishaps. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot to the point they may loose the NA market.

Rumors coming out of Vancouver BC, Once the latest order for Mark III is completed, its the end of the line for future orders and Translink will moving in a different direction when time comes to replace the current fleet.

MTA's newest fleet of $2M subway cars face third crippling mishap in two weeks

Last edited:
Poor old BBD up to its useless mishaps. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot to the point they may loose the NA market.

Rumors coming out of Vancouver BC, Once the latest order for Mark III is completed, its the end of the line for future orders and Translink will moving in a different direction when time comes to replace the current fleet.

MTA's newest fleet of $2M subway cars face third crippling mishap in two weeks
Link seems to be broken, try: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-cars-face-crippling-mishap-article-1.3688782

Anyone happen to know what the hell was going on around noon today on the Sheppard Line. This had to be my most annoying experience ever over my twelve years of using the line regularly.

It was an over ten minute wait for a westbound train at Leslie. In that time three trains went eastbound. The trip between Leslie and Bayview was incredibly slow (maybe 5-10km/h), with the train stopping six times in between Bessarion and Bayview. I did not see any track maintenance guys in the tunnel either.

The most annoying thing, and this really irks me about the TTC, the driver did not make any announcements over the PA regarding the delay. This really is my pet peeve. The driver should make an announcement anytime the train stops in the tunnel for an extended period of time. The CTA (in Chicago) seemed to do a very good job at keeping passengers informed whenever a train stopped in between stations.

After Bayview, the train resumed normal speed. Arriving at Sheppard-Yonge, the train was pretty packed for a Sunday.

It just seems to me that the TTC really doesn't have much respect for its' customers precious time. From not making announcements about why a train has stopped in the tunnel, to streetcar drivers deliberately stopping at green lights waiting for it to turn red, to bus drivers driving snail's pace along a route.

Sorry for the rant.

......., to streetcar drivers deliberately stopping at green lights waiting for it to turn red, to bus drivers driving snail's pace along a route.

Sorry for the rant.

In fairness, the bus and streetcar drivers sometimes DO have to slow down to avoid being ahead of schedule (for which they get punished).

Back