News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 439     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

To you and I it’s obvious the tunnel is a no-go area. WE haven’t run into it, but 24 other people have. It’s clear all those signs, bumps, raised tracks, etc, are a failure.

It’s also clear that the QQ ROW in general is confusing to many people. I’ve said this before here but the long stretch of the ROW from York St east to the tunnel is not differentiated enough from the vehicle lanes. Changes need to be made to make the ROW stand apart not just at the tunnel but also before the tunnel. A paint job on the entire ROW is a simple solution.

Take a look at the YRT BRT ROW’s.
And it's not just motorists, only that the consequences for motorists are higher. The whole strip is a design failure. It's dangerous for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.

By adding tire punctures you are creating an environment where vehicles get stuck immediately, I say do this and at least a tow truck will have to deal with close by situations without going through the entire tunnel.

Last edited:
By adding fire punctures you are creating an environment where vehicles get stuck immediately, I say do this and at least two truck will have to deal with close by situations without going through the entire tunnel.

Catapult I say.... Catapult!! Launch them into the lake!

I don't get why these centre running rights of way aren't ballasted track (with concrete ties for longevity). Embedded track hints at a shared right of way, remove the hint.

I was at main street earlier today and they have more of the new streetcar poles in place now.
40168916184_9d2aa9009c_z_d.jpg

26004937277_e372dd7475_z_d.jpg

To you and I it’s obvious the tunnel is a no-go area. WE haven’t run into it, but 24 other people have. It’s clear all those signs, bumps, raised tracks, etc, are a failure.

To the contrary - all of the drivers who've ended up in the tunnel since they've instituted the additional measures (4 by my count?) have been intoxicated. The measures are obviously working better than what was there before, but also obviously not at 100%. The gate may help, but if a driver has already missed the additional signage, lighting, deep grooves and striping, is a gate really going to make any more of a difference?

That said, I do agree that colouring the pavement in some contrasting colour or pattern is a cheap and easy additional measure that they should do, and frankly should have done already.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

And it's not just motorists, only that the consequences for motorists are higher. The whole strip is a design failure. It's dangerous for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
And yet waterfront Toronto thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread and according to some people anyone that doesn't live on queens quay doesn't get an opinion about it.

I'm having trouble picturing how such a "gate" on QQ could look. Do they mean a mechanical bollard, or is this an actual gate? I'm guessing a gate, because a bollard could cause some injury to anyone driving into it. Then again so could a gate, and it'd get mangled and require a line shutdown to replace it.

Back