News   Jul 16, 2024
 363     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 467     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

The KPMG building at VMC has parking for $12 per day.

Will be interesting to see what the commuter lot will be.

The lot at Highway 407 is only 700 spots or so, and will be subject to the double fare since its in York Region. Pioneer Village has over 1,000 in the hydro corridor, but I suspect Wilson will always need parking due to its easy 401 access. I agree that the subway parking was a higher and better use than the strip plaza being built right now.. The lots on the other side of the Allen are much more useful as the high density residential spaces they are getting redeveloped into though.

Also, the only extension parking that will be easily accessible from the 400 (i.e. without getting on the tolled 407) will be the 900 spot lot getting built at Vaughan Metropolitian Centre. And that one is privately built by SmartREIT, so parking will probably be more than typical. Getting to Steeles West or Highway 407 station from the 400 southbound will involve either getting off at Finch and driving north (at which point you may as well go to Downsview / Wilson) or getting of at Highway 7 and driving down Jane Street, after passing directly by Vaughan Metro Centre station.

There will not be a second fare if you park at Highway 407 or VMC and take the subway downtown. Just the base TTC fare. The second fare issue discussed with regards to the TTC Subway Extension applies to transit passengers on GO, YRT/Viva, or Brampton Zum getting to York University with a transfer to the subway vs. a one-seat bus ride.

Brampton Transit decided that the 501 and 501A (with new additional 501B service) will serve the campus, negating that problem. Many YRT routes will continue to serve the campus directly. The problem is that GO Transit and some YRT passengers who will be directed to the subway -- it's still not clear if they will have to pay the TTC fare (or a co-fare) to get to York U.

There will not be a second fare if you park at Highway 407 or VMC and take the subway downtown. Just the base TTC fare. The second fare issue discussed with regards to the TTC Subway Extension applies to transit passengers on GO, YRT/Viva, or Brampton Zum getting to York University with a transfer to the subway vs. a one-seat bus ride.

Brampton Transit decided that the 501 and 501A (with new additional 501B service) will serve the campus, negating that problem. Many YRT routes will continue to serve the campus directly. The problem is that GO Transit and some YRT passengers who will be directed to the subway -- it's still not clear if they will have to pay the TTC fare (or a co-fare) to get to York U.
It's surprising that we're 5 months till opening and it is still unclear what the TTC and Metrolinx will do with semi-fare integration.

The lot at Highway 407 is only 700 spots or so, and will be subject to the double fare since its in York Region. Pioneer Village has over 1,000 in the hydro corridor, but I suspect Wilson will always need parking due to its easy 401 access. I agree that the subway parking was a higher and better use than the strip plaza being built right now.. The lots on the other side of the Allen are much more useful as the high density residential spaces they are getting redeveloped into though.

Also, the only extension parking that will be easily accessible from the 400 (i.e. without getting on the tolled 407) will be the 900 spot lot getting built at Vaughan Metropolitian Centre. And that one is privately built by SmartREIT, so parking will probably be more than typical. Getting to Steeles West or Highway 407 station from the 400 southbound will involve either getting off at Finch and driving north (at which point you may as well go to Downsview / Wilson) or getting of at Highway 7 and driving down Jane Street, after passing directly by Vaughan Metro Centre station.

I remember reading that something like 2/3 of cars parking at Wilson come from outside the city of Toronto, and the thought was they would park in Vaughan at stations closer to where they live. But sounds like the new lots are not as convenient as I thought. Parking's been a mess at Wilson with the closing of that lot, and now there is construction in the main lot which has reduced the number of spaces and forced people to enter the station from Wilson Avenue.

I get that the old lot was in a flight path, but they still could have built townhomes or low-rise multi-res housing of some sort instead of low-end retail.

my understanding was not that. My understanding was that you will be getting a "double" TTC fare deducted from your Presto Card at tap on (really YRT+TTC) - and if you tap off at York U or Steeles West, it will be reduced to a single YRT fare. Thus if you are transferring from YRT, it gets reduced to no additional cost if you are only going to York U. If you don't tap out, it presumes you went further into the TTC system, and charges you accordingly.

my understanding was not that. My understanding was that you will be getting a "double" TTC fare deducted from your Presto Card at tap on (really YRT+TTC) - and if you tap off at York U or Steeles West, it will be reduced to a single YRT fare. Thus if you are transferring from YRT, it gets reduced to no additional cost if you are only going to York U. If you don't tap out, it presumes you went further into the TTC system, and charges you accordingly.

Your understanding is wrong.

After Woodbine second exit (hahaha) - sorry Presto-enabled second entrance - is Chester the next confirmed project? Is Chester a done deal? There are awfully complete docs and renders at ttc.ca that refer to starting construction this year. Great on that, but it really did take three years to finish the Woodbine project. Ugh.

Also the second exit - well conceived as - for Wellesley on Dundonald - is it starting life as a fully fledged Presto-enabled entrance? Is it open?

**feeling mischievous today**

Assume for a moment that the current Line 1 TYSSE extension is open. Line 5 is finished. Line 2 goes to STC. Line 1 ends up in Richmond Hill. The Relief Line is built from - say Sheppard to Dundas West. Finch West goes from Finch West (duh) to Humber College. And Eglinton East ends in Malvern and Eglinton West is tied directly into the new hub at Pearson. Electrified GO two-way all day is so yesterday. *wipes brow*

There is no shortage of ideas about where to built the next light rail line. Sheppard East. Jane. Waterfront. Steeles. If you want to go outside of Toronto, Hamilton A or - heaven forbid - Queen Street in Brampton. Maybe the GO Bolton and Midtown lines are under construction and the Cambridge (formerly Milton) line is coming together.

Now let's really plan for 2031 and move some people. Where is the next full heavy rail TTC people mover subway style line going?

Discuss.

**feeling mischievous today**

Assume for a moment that the current Line 1 TYSSE extension is open. Line 5 is finished. Line 2 goes to STC. Line 1 ends up in Richmond Hill. The Relief Line is built from - say Sheppard to Dundas West. Finch West goes from Finch West (duh) to Humber College. And Eglinton East ends in Malvern and Eglinton West is tied directly into the new hub at Pearson. Electrified GO two-way all day is so yesterday. *wipes brow*

There is no shortage of ideas about where to built the next light rail line. Sheppard East. Jane. Waterfront. Steeles. If you want to go outside of Toronto, Hamilton A or - heaven forbid - Queen Street in Brampton. Maybe the GO Bolton and Midtown lines are under construction and the Cambridge (formerly Milton) line is coming together.

Now let's really plan for 2031 and move some people. Where is the next full heavy rail TTC people mover subway style line going?

Discuss.

Line 2 extension to Mississauga Centre and Sheppard Line extension east to Scarborough Centre would be next up.

It's surprising that we're 5 months till opening and it is still unclear what the TTC and Metrolinx will do with semi-fare integration.
I think that has more to do with Metrolinx then the TTC. The TTC right now is going ahead with TTC fares to be charged along the wile length of the route no mater where you board the TYSSE. Metrolinx made some noise early on about fare integration but since then they haven't had a single meeting with the TTC board. As of Now the last time the two boards met was in March of 2017.

When was that confirmed?
I think it is an assumption as it is the simplest solution. Without any fare integration at all, a single TTC fare on the TYSSE is decent, not taking into account the start/end of the TTC journey.

As least some people who live/work along the route will not require a double fare.

I think it is an assumption as it is the simplest solution. Without any fare integration at all, a single TTC fare on the TYSSE is decent, not taking into account the start/end of the TTC journey.

As least some people whole live/work along the route will not require a double fare.
Its interesting to see how everyone reacts to the idea of the TTC fare being charged for the subway for example at the doors open even for one of the subway stations I thin it was at Downsview park I got into a conversation with a couple that was probably from york region as they were looking at the amp and seeing how all of the out of Toronto buses were going to terminate at the stations for the most part. They asked what the fare would be and if there would be a co fare or something like that. I told them that as of now it was going to be spertet fares a sit was tilland still is being angled between the TTC and Metrolinx about what and how the fare will work if it;s is going to be different then it is now. They were pretty shocked by it and seemed annoyed by it. Where as I look at it as When I get off of the subway in York region and transfer to one of their buses I would expect to pay their fare and not something reduced since I had gotten off of the TTC.

Back