News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

The next TTC board meeting is on July 23, 2014. See this link for the reports.

One report, from this link, is on Response to TTC Board Motion Regarding the Use TTC Would Make of an Additional $100 Million in Capital Funding.

2014-2023 unfunded projects.jpg

Their top priority would be the McNicoll Bus Garage. It would take until 2019 to complete the garage.

Attachments

• 2014-2023 unfunded projects.jpg
    2014-2023 unfunded projects.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 820
Regarding the TTC meeting, any news about 2 hour transfers?
Nothing new, and surprisingly no mention in the list of outstanding items.

When this came to TTC back in January the decision included consideration of the issue in the 2015 operating budget.

I'm a bit mystified when the TTC will tackle the 2015 budget with the upcoming election. For 2011 it went to the TTC at the end of September 2010. However this year there are no board meetings scheduled between mid-August and December 2014. I somehow doubt this will come up in August, and December 9th seems a bit late to be setting pass and ticket prices for January 2015, which should have already gone to the printer by then.

They test the TR on all lines to make sure they can use it, if an incident occurs suddenly one day that they can't get trains from Greenwood.

Cool, I'd like to see it when simultaneus incidents blocks davisville and the wye from bloor, so they have to run the TR's on Sheppard :)

It was a streetcar line before the subway lol. Same with bloor

One of the early proposals was to run the streetcars underground, and have them then run on the surface in the outer parts of the city, like Boston's Green line. Following through on that would have made expansions much easier.

Back