News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Given how much Toronto Water have been hiking water bills you'd think they could afford the sewer replacement AND to lay the track.

See here: http://transit.toronto.on.ca/archives/weblog/2014/05/15-godzilla_1.shtml

Toronto-20140515-00110.jpg

A retired H6 car is used as a prop for a promo of the new Godzilla movie at Yonge and Elm.

Subway
Between June 18-25, the last H6 will be officially retire. The last 8 & 9 numbers of all series are being used for the H6 out there now as I was on 5889, 5899, 5918, 5919 and ?? train on Monday.

Queen
Queen & Victoria track work is completed with the last of the concrete pour for it. Hydro doing work on both Queen and Victoria and that is delaying having 501 running through the area on Thursday.

Concrete sidewalk corners will be finish tomorrow.

Removal of asphalt on Queen under way.

Dufferin
Looks like come Monday, 29's will be off detour as the southbound lane and Peel Intersection has been 100% rebuilt with paving equipment on site.

Spadina Loop could be going into service late June if things stay on course.

New Cars
Was told today there will be 6 cars on 510 come Aug 31 with talk that there will be only 2 cars here by then.

4403 is due here any day now and that maybe the one taking us for a ride on June 11.

If it is true that 4 new modules are been sent down to replace the ones on 4401 & 4402 with the ones on those cars been sent back, then TTC will have 4 cars for sure. Since delivery dates of the other cars not been given out, hard to say if TTC will get 2 per month as plan or 1 or 3 under the new plan.

If it is true that 4 new modules are been sent down to replace the ones on 4401 & 4402 with the ones on those cars been sent back, then TTC will have 4 cars for sure. Since delivery dates of the other cars not been given out, hard to say if TTC will get 2 per month as plan or 1 or 3 under the new plan.

Two per month? So contract was supposed to be finished in 2018 but now will have to wait until 2022? I'm surprised no one is up in arms over this. This is Miller and Stintz's billion dollar gas plant!

This is what happens when you hand out contracts to corrupt companies. Bombardier is laughing (at the taxpayer) all the way to the bank.

Even worse is the TTC, making empty promises for the last 10 months, and getting away with it because of the biased media won't call 'em on it.

Miller at least had the sense to leave but Stintz still wants to be mayor. I'm not a conspiracy nut but one does wonder what kind of kickbacks she is getting to buy her silence.

Those Chrysler buses would look so good now wouldn't they? At least they deliver on time and work.

Probably not, the slow order certainly won't be removed. They need to do the long term shutdown to rebuild the entire trackbed to fix that.

I wonder if the uneven trackbed at Rosedale Station will be fixed. As the train goes over that path of track passengers can feel the train sway back and forth quite a bit. I suppose we're a little lucky that the horribly uneven track bed happened at a station, where trains move slower. I don't think that a trackbed that uneven would be acceptable anywhere else. Not that I know anything about trackbeds ;)

Back