News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 393     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

when you are underground and the westbound and eastbound streetcars pull into the station pointing the same direction, not so much. This is a single track loop. (at least that is what it seemed to me for the 20 seconds I was in the station while walking to the streetcar)

That said, I was actually surprised at the size of the St. Clair West loop, there is a huge amount of space down there. Was it ever used as a bus loop as well or something? there seems to be way too much space given for the streetcars and it is paved unlike Spadina or the Union loop.

St Clair West is currently used by three bus routes.

And when the tracks were rebuilt with the ROW project, they should have expanded the track layout to accommodate the new longer streetcars, so the east and west bound streetcars can operate independently and from their own platforms.

St Clair West is currently used by three bus routes.

And when the tracks were rebuilt with the ROW project, they should have expanded the track layout to accommodate the new longer streetcars, so the east and west bound streetcars can operate independently and from their own platforms.
That can be done by having 90 Vaughan occupy where 7A Bathurst used to be and move 33 Forest Hill to where 90 Vaughan used to be. This would create space for two independent platforms for the new longer 512 St. Clair LRVs.

Someone might have tried to blow up Eglinton West

iRNvIFm.jpg

Subways & Serpents: Toronto Underground

http://benhamgames.com/product/subways-serpents-toronto-underground

Subways & Serpents is a chaotic, fast paced, 'hunt or be hunted' board game that takes place on an expanded version of Toronto's existing subway lines. Choose your favorite Crew of Toronto personalities, round up some friends and hit the subway tunnels. No two games are ever the same - but they're always fun!

The good people of Toronto finally got the expanded Subway system they’d been waiting for. Getting across town is quick and easy! Or, it would be, if the tunnel excavation didn’t unleash hordes of bloodthirsty Serpents... Now, cutthroat Crews of Serpent Exterminators have been brought in to clear out the Subway tunnels - and that’s where you come in. You’re in charge of a Crew that has to ride the rails, eradicate Serpent Nests, take down enormous Serpents and do battle with rival Crews looking to steal their loot! And, your Crew has to move fast, the first Crew of Serpent Exterminators to collect a full day’s pay wins.

96457-09e56f16bad746d181a4d0ce7e27c13f.jpeg

One interesting tidbit in the handouts participants got at the relief study public meeting today is that they show ATC for line 1 with the date 2016. I previously had thought it would take until 2018. Just thought I'd share that in case anybody else finds it interesting.

If Savanna Animals used the Paris Metro: Great pictures for a Caption Contest...

MARK: These are great pictures for a UT caption contest...

I will start with #1: I'm just "passy'ing thru"
OR: "Hey-even the King of the Jungle sometimes forgets his smart card..."

#2: "What's better: Stripes or spots?"

#3: "Is this the train to the zoological park?"

#4: "I enjoy roaming around down here"

#5: "Nag Nag Nag - I hate riding with this operator trainee"

#6: Bird: "Lots of room here-I like taking this ride" Elephant: "Speak for yourself"

#7: "Forget the flock-we'll ride-thank you"

#8: Orangutan "To get to the Eiffel Tower take this train to the next train and change there for a third train that will get you there"
Man: "Oh really - are you sure?"

That's it for now...LI MIKE

Last edited by a moderator:
The TTC Russell Carhouse will be open May 24, 2014 as part of Toronto Open Doors Events taking place that weekend.

Never know, you may find the new 4401 or 4402 or both on site and open to the Public. If So, expect long delays seeing the inside of it.

Saturday only: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; last entry at 4:45 p.m.

Emergency TTC subway track repairs in Davisville area this Saturday, April 12

April 9, 2014

The Toronto Transit Commission will undertake emergency rehabilitation work to the subway track bed, switches and signals near Davisville Station this Saturday morning, requiring a late opening on a portion of Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) between Bloor and Eglinton stations. This section will open at noon.

Subway service will open as normal Saturday morning at 6 a.m. between Finch and Eglinton stations, and between Bloor and Downsview stations on Line 1. Full service will resume at noon Saturday. Thirty-five shuttle buses will operate between Eglinton and Bloor Stations to bridge service.

The track bed near Davisville Station is 60-years-old and needs to be replaced. While plans to rehabilitate the track in the Davisville area continue to be examined, immediate action is needed to improve reliability of the subway in this area. Customers traveling Line 1 will have noted a deteriorated service the last several weeks. The TTC is committed to correcting this poor service level.

Crews will tamp the ballast (stones) in the open area that support the track in an effort to improve track stability, check all switches, trains stops and signals, making repairs or replacing equipment as required. While routine, crews will also perform leaf and debris removal in the area to reduce the risk of track fires that can cause significant delays. This work will begin at the close of service Friday and continue through the night and into Saturday until at noon.

Emergency TTC subway track repairs in Davisville area this Saturday, April 12

April 9, 2014

The Toronto Transit Commission will undertake emergency rehabilitation work to the subway track bed, switches and signals near Davisville Station this Saturday morning, requiring a late opening on a portion of Line 1 (Yonge-University-Spadina) between Bloor and Eglinton stations. This section will open at noon.

Subway service will open as normal Saturday morning at 6 a.m. between Finch and Eglinton stations, and between Bloor and Downsview stations on Line 1. Full service will resume at noon Saturday. Thirty-five shuttle buses will operate between Eglinton and Bloor Stations to bridge service.

The track bed near Davisville Station is 60-years-old and needs to be replaced. While plans to rehabilitate the track in the Davisville area continue to be examined, immediate action is needed to improve reliability of the subway in this area. Customers traveling Line 1 will have noted a deteriorated service the last several weeks. The TTC is committed to correcting this poor service level.

Crews will tamp the ballast (stones) in the open area that support the track in an effort to improve track stability, check all switches, trains stops and signals, making repairs or replacing equipment as required. While routine, crews will also perform leaf and debris removal in the area to reduce the risk of track fires that can cause significant delays. This work will begin at the close of service Friday and continue through the night and into Saturday until at noon.

If this improves service immediately as they say.. that's well worth closure on Saturday morning.

Back