News   Jun 27, 2024
 405     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 445     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 458     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

King Street is still closed to streetcars between Church and Sumach this morning. Not sure if because tracks at Frederick are still blocked or overhead still down.

Better view of the "derailment" from yesterday. Not sure if this was cleared yet
I walked over just now to look. There is a new (replacement) Toronto Hydro pole & transformer, the tracks look fine but King is still closed between George and Sherbourne as the TTC overhead team are currently re-stringing the overhead. I suspect it will re-open later today as they do not appear to have too much to do.

A 62-year-old man has been charged with careless driving in a collision that left a TTC streetcar derailed and three people injured on Saturday morning.

In an email to the Star on Sunday morning, Toronto police confirmed the man was charged under the Highway Traffic Act following the downtown collision in the area of Frederick and King Streets, near George Brown College.

Paramedics transported three people to hospital. The driver of the vehicle had serious injuries while two streetcar passengers were also treated, one with serious injuries and one with minor injuries.
Police would not say how the collision happened but said road closures will remain in place for vehicular and pedestrian traffic in the area of King Street East between Jarvis and Sherbourne Streets, and Frederick Street between Adelaide and Front streets.

While police initially expected the intersection to be reopened Sunday morning, they now say the TTC is expecting the closures to continue into Sunday afternoon as “work is still being done” in the area.

I walked over just now to look. There is a new (replacement) Toronto Hydro pole & transformer, the tracks look fine but King is still closed between George and Sherbourne as the TTC overhead team are currently re-stringing the overhead. I suspect it will re-open later today as they do not appear to have too much to do.
Still closed this morning, so the streetcars are still on Queen. We got to Queen and Church this morning and our driver opened the doors and told us we'd be better off walking given the traffic on Church. So everybody got off and walked south past half a dozen streetcars waiting to move down Church.

Still closed this morning, so the streetcars are still on Queen. We got to Queen and Church this morning and our driver opened the doors and told us we'd be better off walking given the traffic on Church. So everybody got off and walked south past half a dozen streetcars waiting to move down Church.

At King and River there is no signage indicating that the stop is out of use.

Currently, people are waiting there expecting streetcars to stop not knowing they are diverting.

If the TTC website is to be believed, King Street is open again and no diversions.

If the TTC website is to be believed, King Street is open again and no diversions.

I just walked past King and Jarvis over my lunch. There was a streetcar heading EB just east of Jarvis. The operator was waiting for instructions.

I think it's unlikely a strike can be avoided, though it's very possible a strike happens and is resolved by the end of the weekend, which would probably be manageable. If a strike goes into next week it would be a disaster for everyone.

Reactions: PL1
I think it's unlikely a strike can be avoided, though it's very possible a strike happens and is resolved by the end of the weekend, which would probably be manageable. If a strike goes into next week it would be a disaster for everyone.
What they are asking for is not unreasonable. It would be in the best interest of everyone to come to an agreement.

Back