News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.7K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I believe that they were told "no" when they asked about building a more elaborate pavilion. Something about the view of the trees in the circle.

Dan
Gonna be great walking up and down slush and salt covered steps and tracking that into the station after marvelling at the view. Good business for slip and fall plaintiff lawyers though.

Gonna be great walking up and down slush and salt covered steps and tracking that into the station after marvelling at the view. Good business for slip and fall plaintiff lawyers though.
There'll still be the same number of entrances of this type at this station. And finally an entrance that isn't like this.

Why is this a concern now, when it's worked fine for 60 years?

There'll still be the same number of entrances of this type at this station. And finally an entrance that isn't like this.

Why is this a concern now, when it's worked fine for 60 years?
Because just because existing crappy things are grandfathered isn’t an excuse to keep building more. Going down into King Station in winter via an open entrance is an activity I really dislike.

Because just because existing crappy things are grandfathered isn’t an excuse to keep building more. Going down into King Station in winter via an open entrance is an activity I really dislike.
Yes, the older I get, the more I hate the open staircases! The TTC did have policy of covering them all over, or moving them into adjacent buildings so it is a bit surprising to see a new one being opened.

Yes, the older I get, the more I hate the open staircases! The TTC did have policy of covering them all over, or moving them into adjacent buildings so it is a bit surprising to see a new one being opened.
I did wonder if this is a placeholder until something happens with the planetarium

Reactions: DSC
Talking of new TTC infrastructure, does anyone know what this is that I have a photo of? Is this the platform extension?

I took the photo because I thought the change in wall and ceiling style was interesting, but I have no idea why the change. If it is new, it does look rather janky.
1717196099948.png

Talking of new TTC infrastructure, does anyone know what this is that I have a photo of? Is this the platform extension?

I took the photo because I thought the change in wall and ceiling style was interesting, but I have no idea why the change. If it is new, it does look rather janky.
View attachment 568476
That part past the tiles used to be the tunnel.

In this case, the station platform runs directly under the middle lanes of Queen's Park Crescent, the only opportunity to come up is within Queen's Park, and their are view corridor rules requiring a low-profile.

It is still TTC policy to move open stair cases inside when the chance arises.

The n/w entrance to St. Patrick will vanish into the United Bldg when that completes.

As a side note, I'd like to see snowmelt systems under the sidewalks in front of those stairs and station entrances so people would be less likely to track slush inside.

View attachment 568476
They extended the platform about 200' north of the old platform and just south of the crossover. Can't recalled where I posted photos of the extension in this thread, the crosstown thread or the Yonge-Eglinton station thread, but shot at various time I been there going back as far as last year. Take a look at the south end and you will see that trains not stopping there anymore.

You have a stair to the LRT and an Elevator in that extension area with a lot of work still to be done on all levels for it.

Back