News   Jun 27, 2024
 423     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 457     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 465     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

1717250678233.png

Derailment at Frederick and King, on the beat right now taking pics.
I wandered over too and it is clearly 'a mess'. You can't get too close and views partly blocked by police/TTC/Fire vehicles but it looks as though the front section of streetcar either veered off the rails towards the north sidewalk of King @ Frederick or was hit by something going north on Frederick and did so. At least one hydro pole damaged, lots of police, fire TTC. The tracks in that area are not in great shape but....

Derailment westbound through Frederick St on King St, streetcar turned out north somewhere in the intersection and made contact with the hydro pole, only 3 poles down from the squirrel incident recently! Tape all around, had to shoot from afar

From Frederick north of King:
IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg
IMG_1442.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

From King and George:
IMG_1444.jpeg

From Frederick south of King:
IMG_1445.jpeg

IMG_1446.jpeg

IMG_1447.jpeg

it looks as though the front section of streetcar either veered off the rails towards the north sidewalk of King @ Frederick or was hit by something going north on Frederick and did so
See my final photo above, there is a van that is neck and neck with the streetcar. It either got shunted from the curbside by the streetcar after hitting the pole or the two vehicles collided mid intersection.

EDIT: Can confirm it was a T-Bone!

See my final photo above, there is a van that is neck and neck with the streetcar. It either got shunted from the curbside by the streetcar after hitting the pole or the two vehicles collided mid intersection.
I will guess it is the minivan running the intersection and collided with the streetcar the driver didn't see. There's a lot of near-miss incidents at that spot with cars trying to time gaps in the traffic to go north to Adelaide... and pedestrians too for that matter.
Unfortunately, I suspect the solution will be another traffic light.

EDIT: Can confirm it was a T-Bone!

The fault of the accident notwithstanding, its unfortunate to note that 3 people from the minivan were transported to hospital, two, the driver and one passenger w/serious injuries.

The fault of the accident notwithstanding, its unfortunate to note that 3 people from the minivan were transported to hospital, two, the driver and one passenger w/serious injuries.
Not surprising, hitting a streetcar hard enough to knock it off the tracks and into the sidewalk was clearly not a gentle nudge!

It is one of the new cars that only went into service April 02/2024

I will guess it is the minivan running the intersection and collided with the streetcar the driver didn't see. There's a lot of near-miss incidents at that spot with cars trying to time gaps in the traffic to go north to Adelaide... and pedestrians too for that matter.
Unfortunately, I suspect the solution will be another traffic light.
I'd think here the solution would be right-turn only. There's already lights at the two adjacent streets (George and Sherbourne), and little reason to be driving up George through King, other than trying to cut up to Adelaide - which works very easily on George.

Was just by Parliament and King and there are people waiting for the 503/504 there. The board was showing incoming times but I'm pretty sure it's not correct. No indication to users that the service is added.
TTC website is very confusing and it's hard to tell if there's a replacement bus or not.

Back