News   May 09, 2024
 459     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 788     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 537     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I was surprised to see last week's TTC meeting about Leary on the front page of today's Star, when I went to the doorstep.

Looks like the other shoe hasn't dropped yet. I wonder how many will come out of the woodwork now that the Star is digging into Leary. Will the Star get action? :)

Regardless of whether Olivia Chow (or her office) was involved or not, Brian Lilley’s article has created the narrative that it was - and it failed.

It’s now a political headache for Chow and makes her appear weak and unable to execute regime changes.

Regardless of whether Olivia Chow (or her office) was involved or not, Brian Lilley’s article has created the narrative that it was - and it failed.

It’s now a political headache for Chow and makes her appear weak and unable to execute regime changes.
Does it? Leary is missing. Will he make a public appearance? How long until the next vote?

Lilley is a lazy fool missed the main story; that Leary is being investigated, with results pending.

I was surprised to see last week's TTC meeting about Leary on the front page of today's Star, when I went to the doorstep.

Looks like the other shoe hasn't dropped yet. I wonder how many will come out of the woodwork now that the Star is digging into Leary. Will the Star get action? :)

My comment is only this.........Rick Leary owns many pairs of shoes.

As for Chow (or her senior staff) not knowing anything about a plan to remove Leary.........

Uhhhh 🤣

Some of you know............. just sayin.

I want to explicitly second this comment.

Good on you @Richard White

Its a caring gesture to realize that someone else's welfare demands more urgent attention than your convenience.

I concur with this too, as someone who has been "the cause" of two TTC disruptions due to medical incidents. Care and compassion trumps convenience. And we have a serious bystander problem on transit systems and in general.

I know there's little faith that no words get exchanged between Chow and her chairs, but I want to believe Chow is giving them a long leash to make their own decisions (that still align with what she'd do in their shoes).

LOL at this 503 which entered service at York already flagged to short turn at Church. TTC service is amazing!

IMG_20231031_151657.jpg

There was some track work going on on king east of Sherbourne yesterday.
503 replacement bus would have been better.
Must be still been done as no 504 or 503 where going east of Church today. 504;s were looping Richmond-Victoria-Adelaide by Church. Assumed that 503 where using Queen by Church.

Last I saw regarding 504 detour on Sat that no westbound King pass Church until Nov 4

It's an adventure every time you board the TTC at Bay and King heading east. You have 503 streetcars, 504 streetcars, 504 buses, 501 buses and 501 streetcars, and you hardly ever know which ones will turn at Church. It depends on time of day, weather, how many cars are backed up, and the driver's mood.

Read the TTC statement. King Street is only closed on weekdays and is 'normal' in the evenings and on weekends,
Would have read one if there was one at by a King Stop on Sat I visited, but there wasn't one. Don't go to TTC website in the first place unless I am looking for something.

Was walking down Yonge today when I saw the mess on King after shooting Adelaide and seeing cars on Victoria

Back