News   May 13, 2024
 828     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 767     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Now that the well has been poisoned in such a manner, how does this relationship continue?
It probably doesn't for much longer. After what happened at the meeting it should be clear that the writing is on the wall and he is no longer wanted so I wouldn't be surprised if he either steps down on his own or quietly waits out the rest of his contract and then leaves. What other choice does he have? It's either leave now while you're still ahead (Stepping down looks better on a resume than being fired), or stick around and wait for the city to try firing you again or your contract expires; whichever comes first.

Last edited:
TBF minus byford who had the good sense to go in the public eye and be more transparent to the public what other CEO can anyone name in the past?
For a 'civil servant", Andy B was remarkably visible and not only when he was announcing good news. I bet some politicians resented this and, to be fair, Leary is clearly far less comfortable in the public eye. (I hope the next hiring process will look for someone with not only competence but also at least some public relations/communications skill.)

The meeting was held at such a time so as to ensure the vote would go a certain way; somebody counted wrong.......that's a no no.

I wonder if they wanted to toss him but the lawyers advised against it for whatever reason.

Perhaps a wrongful dismissal concern?

In Canada you can fire at-will as an employer, you do not have to give a reason.

You do, however, have to meet severance obligations in most cases; that said, Leary's contract may contain more onerous language.

Very interesting article. Apparently, just two people on the board (Myers and Matlow) voted to remove the CEO.

1698514765268.png

Very interesting article. Apparently, just two people on the board (Myers and Matlow) voted to remove the CEO.

View attachment 516215
If Myers voted to terminate Leary, their meetings of Chair and CEO will be 'interesting'. Of course, that assumes they EVER meet, some of the TTC dysfunction is clearly connected to poor (or non-existent) communications.

On his blog (in a piece on the chaos at Church & King) Steve Munro answers a question about why streetcars turning never pass - it is an interesting point that we can (generally) see deferred maintenance problems with streetcar track but have little or no view of subway track!

1698525819122.png

Clearly the rest of the board should be removed first - it should be relatively easy to count those who voted against.

AoD
How many of them rely on or take the TTC? How many of them actually know how much quality of service has deteriorated in the last few years (even before the pandemic)?

Even more important: how many know how much employee morale has declined?

Back