News   Jul 12, 2024
 715     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 664     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 295     0 

TTC: New Articulated Buses (In Delivery, Novabus)

Well, some people on here complain about about the boring grey coloured walls along the Sheppard line, and the BD line. So I don't see why some can't complain about the colour of the bus. TTC could have done a better job, like add a back window similar to the Viva buses. The asymmetrical ceiling is also hideous,especially when TTC had the option of getting a symmetrical ceiling with ads on both sides, not just on one side.

Sometimes it's the minor things that make a big difference. But at the end of the day regardless of paint, these buses are needed. Also TTC have been studying these buses from when they first came out by NOVA and communicating with NYC about them. I'm confident TTC made a good decision when picking this model, compared to the other models out there in the Canadian bus market.

Last edited:
Modifications are being made at Finch station for the Steeles East bus

11349795054_2a30a7cdfa_b.jpg

11349687115_9fd99f46a9_b.jpg

Well, some people on here complain about about the boring grey coloured walls along the Sheppard line, and the BD line. So I don't see why some can't complain about the colour of the bus. TTC could have done a better job, like add a back window similar to the Viva buses. The asymmetrical ceiling is also hideous,especially when TTC had the option of getting a symmetrical ceiling with ads on both sides, not just on one side.

Am I really supposed to be annoyed that there won't be as many ads as there might have been?

More ads more revenue. Every penny counts.

And it really is pennies. The 5 cent token fare increase (ignoring the metropass increase) will bring in more than the advertising contract currently does.

In short, advertisers pay 3 to 4 cents for your eyeballs per TTC trip. Do you put the same value on what you're looking at during that period?

Last edited:
Indeed. The amount of advertising has only increased on the TTC in the last two decades - station wall wraps, column and stairway wraps at Bloor-Yonge, St. George and Union, "info screens", bus, streetcar and now subway wraps (thankfully they no longer cover all the windows).

Having a bit less ad space inside a small batch of artics is not a big deal.

Indeed. The amount of advertising has only increased on the TTC in the last two decades - station wall wraps, column and stairway wraps at Bloor-Yonge, St. George and Union, "info screens", bus, streetcar and now subway wraps (thankfully they no longer cover all the windows).

Having a bit less ad space inside a small batch of artics is not a big deal.

It's the all-over campaigns on the walls, columns and stairs that really brings in the ad revenue; what ad companies refer to as 'station domination'.

The complementary Wi-Fi at St. George and Bloor-Yonge stations are free to both commuters and to the TTC with advertising support.

There is a Hobbit-themed Toronto Rocket even (I went on it).

Ironically enough, the TTC even accepts advertising money from automakers, right down to all of Bloor station being Toyota Corolla-themed.

I imagine they would use adhesive advertisements if they really wanted to, as Nova Bus themselves demonstrates.

So your issue is with how they paint every bus then, and little to do with the articulated model.

actually, it's not only the paint. It's the windows, lights, wheels etc.

however, I prefer the TTC look, mainly because it seems to carry less cost per vehicle when compared to Viva.

Ottawa has had articulated buses for the transitway and express routes for as long as I can remember and they are generally really spacious! The seating layout is quite different between the Toronto/Ottawa buses however.

Brad Ross just tweeted that the first articulated bus will be in service on Bathurst tomorrow.

Brad Ross just tweeted that the first articulated bus will be in service on Bathurst tomorrow.

9:30 am at Bathurst Station with Chris Upfold

Back