News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 685     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I've been looking at the three routes they are on right now for the last hour or so on next bus and 510 north of queens Quay doesn't seem to be to bad today. However 509 seems to be a real mess I wonder if the have too many cars assigned to it. As of right now it has seven flexes on it and four CLRVs. Does it actually need that many cars on a regular bases?

I've been looking at the three routes they are on right now for the last hour or so on next bus and 510 north of queens Quay doesn't seem to be to bad today. However 509 seems to be a real mess I wonder if the have too many cars assigned to it. As of right now it has seven flexes on it and four CLRVs. Does it actually need that many cars on a regular bases?

When there is a very well attended hockey game being played at BMO field, yes they do. It's an exceptional day today.

- Paul

When there is a very well attended hockey game being played at BMO field, yes they do. It's an exceptional day today.

- Paul
good point I had forgotten about the Centennial Classic when I was writing that. It's too bad that they couldn't use exhibition loop for it as fleet loop looks relly busy with three flexes in at once. Does anyone know when it's scheduled to reopen again?

good point I had forgotten about the Centennial Classic when I was writing that. It's too bad that they couldn't use exhibition loop for it as fleet loop looks relly busy with three flexes in at once. Does anyone know when it's scheduled to reopen again?

According to the TTC, January 20, 2017 is penciled in. See link.

29%20329_cneevents_161.gif

According to the TTC, January 20, 2017 is penciled in. See link.

That's good to know I wonder if they will be running all flexes on it by then or if we will still see it being serviced with CLRVS?

Actually that is incorrect--it will reopen on Sunday March 26, 2017 per http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Construction/Exhibition_streetcat.jsp

The previously posted link and the detours until January 20th are for: "Road closures will be in effect within Exhibition Place during the staging of several events, including the Grey Cup, Royal Winter Fair and NHL Centennial Classic."

So, as of January 20th, 509/511 shuttle buses and the 29 will once again go fully into the CNE grounds. However, the streetcar loop will remain closed until March 26th.

Those notices are confusing--I can see how one would think streetcars would resume on 1/20. The TTC really needs to work on the clarity of these notices...

its starting to look like what i predicted....a last minute all out push from all depts for brownie points and propaganda pictures....in reality they are still behind schedule

its starting to look like what i predicted....a last minute all out push from all depts for brownie points and propaganda pictures....in reality they are still behind schedule
A push to get several vehicles out the door in 2016 does not necessarily imply that they are, only 4 days into 2017, already behind schedule. What is the schedule for January/February?

well...they did "promise" double their output this year so they really have their work cut out to meet those numbers

A push to get several vehicles out the door in 2016 does not necessarily imply that they are, only 4 days into 2017, already behind schedule. What is the schedule for January/February?
Someone previously posted weeks ago here, that 4431 was due to ship on January 13.

With 40 that are supposed to arrive in 2017, that means a car roughly every 9 days. I won't start getting worried until we get to the 9th.

It's all gone quiet... will anything red be on CPR this weekend?

That video was really amazing! A gripping plot, a wide array of characters wonderfully acted, and outstanding special effects! o_O

As far as Bombardier is concerned, I'd give them another week or so to see what they have in store for 2017. I think they said the second line in Thunder Bay would be up and running by the end of Q1 2017. So, patience, patience.

That video was really amazing! A gripping plot, a wide array of characters wonderfully acted, and outstanding special effects! o_O

As far as Bombardier is concerned, I'd give them another week or so to see what they have in store for 2017. I think they said the second line in Thunder Bay would be up and running by the end of Q1 2017. So, patience, patience.
Same with me but don't forget there are poel on here that want to see Bombardier fail and the TTC to spend money they don't have canceling the contract and putting pit tenderers to new companies and excluding Bombarded from bidding on them.

The smell of Thunder Bay? ;)
Oh man. Bombardier is right beside a huge pulp and paper mill that has a very distinctive foul odor the blankets much of the southern part of the city. I used to drive by it every day growing up, so I got used to it, but so many visitors would be floored. Wouldn't be surprised if the streetcars still held onto a bit of a tinge of that when they first get here. Lol

Back