News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 409     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Perhaps we have insurance for this.
"Liability against damage by crazy passengers"

Considering our streetcars, new and old, seem to take the brunt of the damage from crazy passengers, I would hope so.

Yet again: peak and only two Flexities are in service.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 558
Yes, 4404 and 4405 again. 4400 showed up on one route last night. And 4403 the other evening. We know that 4407 is in for repairs. Not sure where 4406 is ...

An unusual week.

I started formally filing complaints with the TTC. I have no idea if they care. Or how much influence a customer complaint has. But they need to know that whatever is going on is not cool.

I started formally filing complaints with the TTC. I have no idea if they care. Or how much influence a customer complaint has. But they need to know that whatever is going on is not cool.
What exactly were you complaining about? The TTC has a mix of type of streetcar and which type are sent out is hardly something to complain to them about. Of course, if they had enough new ones to run only that kind on a route (new ones on Spadina [for example) one might reasonably expect them to do this. As Bombardier has totally screwed up the order they don't and Spadina is, as advertised, running a mix of cars.

What exactly were you complaining about? The TTC has a mix of type of streetcar and which type are sent out is hardly something to complain to them about. Of course, if they had enough new ones to run only that kind on a route (new ones on Spadina [for example) one might reasonably expect them to do this. As Bombardier has totally screwed up the order they don't and Spadina is, as advertised, running a mix of cars.

I can totally understand the complaint. It's probably coming from the same frustration I'm having.

Prior to splitting Flexities between the 509 and 510, there was a reasonable chance of catching a 510 Flexity with Presto, and that was with fewer Flexities in service. That chance now is completely non-existent, making Presto service totally unreliable.

Granted this will get better as more Flexities arrive (eventually), and Presto gets implemented across the system, but their (proposed) plan for rolling out Presto on all legacy streetcars by 2015 seems dubious at best.

Edit: Just saw this in the Presto Card thread, maybe there's a chance Presto will start showing up on older streetcars soon!

Last edited:
I can totally understand the complaint. It's probably coming from the same frustration I'm having.

Prior to splitting Flexities between the 509 and 510, there was a reasonable chance of catching a 510 Flexity with Presto, and that was with fewer Flexities in service. That chance now is completely non-existent, making Presto service totally unreliable.

Granted this will get better as more Flexities arrive (eventually), and Presto gets implemented across the system, but their (proposed) plan for rolling out Presto on all legacy streetcars by 2015 seems dubious at best.

Edit: Just saw this in the Presto Card thread, maybe there's a chance Presto will start showing up on older streetcars soon!

This is precisely why I am complaining. This is tied to the Presto rollout.

Furthermore, I as a Toronto taxpayer and TTC customer have paid for these LFLRV's. I expect them to be used. Or, if they are not in service, I am entitled to a reasonable and transparent explanation as to why not.

I.e. Where is 4406? Does anyone know?

I.e. Why does 4400 and 4403 "show up" (as nfitz said) one evening, but not others?

I.e. Why is there no public explanation as to why the rebuild of 4401 and 4402 is taking so long?

Furthermore, I as a Toronto taxpayer and TTC customer have paid for these LFLRV's. I expect them to be used. Or, if they are not in service, I am entitled to a reasonable and transparent explanation as to why not.

You also paid for the old CLRVs. Should we also issue complaints when they are not ALL in service?

Back