News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 431     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Yikes. If that's their notion of quality control, I'm going to start only taking flights that don't involve C-Series jets. Seriously, how does an aerospace company get away with an attitude like this?
My honest guess is that the aerospace business is pretty separate. Given the price differences, I imagine quality control and supervision is taken much more seriously. I don't actually know that one Flexity car costs, but if you roughly divide the total value of the contract by the number of cars ordered you get 5-6 million dollars. The list price of the smaller C series jet is $62 million, an order of magnitude more.

I was being somewhat flippant, but I do think that these kind of quality issue reflect on the approach of the company as a whole. No company that was serious about quality would propose such a half-assed solution to a customer, no matter what the cost of the project.

No company that was serious about quality would propose such a half-assed solution to a customer, no matter what the cost of the project.
What's the context though? Perhaps it was ship it as is, and rebuild it later in Toronto? I don't think you are fully in the loop.

Last night I saw 4402 testing on Broadview heading NB at Dundas. Is this one that was sent back to Bombardier for modifications?
No. It's still a prototype, and not available for service. It's 4400 that was sent back for modifications (and also sent from Toronto to the National Research Council in Ottawa for testing before that). 4401 and 4402 are supposed to go back for conversion from a prototype to the final design later this year.

image.jpg

There is currently only one LFLRV in service.
Why?
Why are we bothering to buy these if they aren't being used?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 564
Also I've noticed Next bus sometimes has issues with where thy are once they enter queens quay and union or sapdiana. Plus not all of them seem to be listed on it all the time.

Also if anyone wants to you can see all my videos of the new streetcar her :https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQQsB1FFV3xpkchDyUMco3h66U-Gv2vcS . I update it when ever I'm on a new one I haven't gotten on before or if I'm on one that is on a different routing or getting them from different points on the routes they are on.

Also I've noticed Next bus sometimes has issues with where thy are once they enter queens quay and union or sapdiana. Plus not all of them seem to be listed on it all the time.
Depends which app you are using. Some will drop them. Some will just show them somewhere else.

If you look at the raw data out of the Nextbus feed though, they should be there somewhere:
http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=vehicleLocations&a=ttc&r=509 and
http://webservices.nextbus.com/service/publicXMLFeed?command=vehicleLocations&a=ttc&r=510

Using a better app, I'm seeing two.

Most of them are out at peak most days though. I'm not sure why you'd assume they aren't being used.

I keep forgetting what other sites to use for this.

It's pretty dumb that different sites / apps give different results.

Now if there really was two in service at the afternoon peak, how does that qualify as "most of them are out at peak"? What were the rest of the them doing?

I am really struggling to understand this.

Now if there really was two in service at the afternoon peak, how does that qualify as "most of them are out at peak"?
On most days, most of them are out at peak. Read through the thread, there's been frequent observances of 5 or 6 out at peak. Mid-day last week there were 4 in service. How does this one time observation count for much? Quite frankly, I haven't seen so few cars out in months.

It's not a one time observation. As much as you've observed four or five in service, I've observed one or two.

Back