News   Jul 26, 2024
 194     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 968     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 761     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Next time you send a scratchitti free train into service, have a staff member ride it fir the first two days ticketing vandals in the act, please.

That would be 6 people in the train x 3 shifts .......naahhh thats makes too much sense :D

I always.....

Wonder why the TTC doesn't have undercover security to try and nail people in the act of commiting vandalism on their property. Seems logical to me. When people see the uniform, they behave. When the uniform leaves, they act up again. Catch them in the act and lay hefty fines. Minimum $1000/offence. Not sure if cameras are useful here.

Ahh but we do my uninformed friend! They are all over the subways but they maunly are looking at pickpockets. I was going downtown te other day and they gave some guy a ticket for having his shoes on the seats.

You don't even need six guys, just one guy who walks down the car and changes cars at each station.

I found these pictures in my closet!

They're my old sketches of the future TTC streetcars/ LRT:D

Attachments

• S1028.jpg
    S1028.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 230
  • S130.jpg
    S130.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 260
They're my old sketches of the future TTC streetcars/ LRT:D

Thats nice, they look a lot like our current ones, but longer and with a modern twist, I like what you did with the headlights.

I wonder why they didn't use the pantographs for our current streetcars, i mean the prototype for ALRV had one:

From Transit toronto
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4504.shtml

Note The Pantograph
streetcar-4504-09.jpg

Also Notice the Electronic Sign instead of the paper? rollsighns we have
streetcar-4504-10.jpg

Would've been cool if they kept the electric sign and pantographs unlike our current ALRV's

A film about graffitti in New York City showed how protecting a subway yard with multiple coils of barbed wire (i.e. "triple concertina") effectively kept out vandals accustomed to easy access when vehicles were out of service over night.

A film about graffitti in New York City showed how protecting a subway yard with multiple coils of barbed wire (i.e. "triple concertina") effectively kept out vandals accustomed to easy access when vehicles were out of service over night.

I do believe, there are restriction on using triple concertina in Canada (mostly used by the military here).

Thanks

Thats nice, they look a lot like our current ones, but longer and with a modern twist, I like what you did with the headlights.

I wonder why they didn't use the pantographs for our current streetcars, i mean the prototype for ALRV had one:

From Transit toronto
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4504.shtml

Note The Pantograph
streetcar-4504-09.jpg

Also Notice the Electronic Sign instead of the paper? rollsighns we have
streetcar-4504-10.jpg

Would've been cool if they kept the electric sign and pantographs unlike our current ALRV's

Thanks for the comments. :D

Our current over head wires do not support the pantograph, they would have to be strengthened. and since the PCC did not use the Pant. it was decided to keep it the same design.

Here's when the CLRV's were tried out in Boston's Green Line back in the 1980's.

Click on the picture for the link.

Note that they had the couplers still attached. As well, the streetcar's gauge was adjusted since Boston uses a different track gauge than Toronto's. They were readjusted back, when they were returned.

Also notice the windows, they are original ones which can not be opened:rolleyes: We had to completely retrofit those windows, that was a bad design.

We should be getting a mock up streetcar soon for the public to see what they will look like.

Back