News   Jul 19, 2024
 499     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 786     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

If I read the CEO right, he just got a new revised schedule and most likely we will know what it is when he talks about it on Thursday. Legal action is still taking place along with all the extra cost to keep the current fleet on the road and providing the plan service increase.

Next car to see service would be March 8 if every 18 days between cars is keep. If no car shows up next week, kiss that date goodbye.

So with the old streetcars, whenever, say, a 510 is entering service from Connaught via Queen or King, the cars are still signed as 510 and and will pick up passengers along Queen or King.

With the new cars, I've noticed that they're almost always signed "TRAINING CAR" and will not pick up passengers until they get to Spadina.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just a weird coincidence that the ones I've seen have actually been on training?

So with the old streetcars, whenever, say, a 510 is entering service from Connaught via Queen or King, the cars are still signed as 510 and and will pick up passengers along Queen or King.

With the new cars, I've noticed that they're almost always signed "TRAINING CAR" and will not pick up passengers until they get to Spadina.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just a weird coincidence that the ones I've seen have actually been on training?
I think it is a weird coincidence...and the ones you are seeing are, actually, training. It was noted when they started using Leslie Barns that one of the advantages is that the new streetcars were now offering service on King as they made their way west from the barn in the morning.

I've taken them coming out of service. I'm seldom out when they are entering service - it's either before I head to work, or after I've got there. I have seen training cars though - more often or not heading west to east (as I'm travelling east to west, I'm more likely to see those heading in the opposite direction).

If I read the CEO right, he just got a new revised schedule and most likely we will know what it is when he talks about it on Thursday

Was there some sort of announcement or document where you got this from? Do you think it'll be yet another setback?

Specifically: "A revised delivery schedule has been submitted by Bombardier that will be considered by my team. The program still anticipates a ramp up in delivery from March."

This does NOT sound like they will be sticking to a car every 4 days. It sounds like now they're just saying it'll be "faster" in March, but not nearly by that much. Surprise, surprise...

Specifically: "A revised delivery schedule has been submitted by Bombardier that will be considered by my team. The program still anticipates a ramp up in delivery from March."

This does NOT sound like they will be sticking to a car every 4 days. It sounds like now they're just saying it'll be "faster" in March, but not nearly by that much. Surprise, surprise...
At this point there have been almost as many revisions of the delivery schedule as actual deliveries.

With Bombardier forever returning to the public teat, should it be nationalised?

UTDC (Urban Transportation Development Corporation Ltd.) was a Crown Corporation owned by the Government of Ontario to make streetcars (IE. CLRV's and ALRV's) and subway cars. It was eventually sold to Bombardier in 1991. See link.

With Bombardier forever returning to the public teat, should it be nationalised?
What needs to be happen is for the government to force Bombardiers hand and barricade the family from having their hands over that company. There was a rumor floating around that the Chairman and former CEO Pierre Beaudoin would resign early this year but since he wont do it himself, the government should do it.

But in any case, i'm looking forward to the next 188 public statements over the next 7 years of new streetcars being delivered to the TTC.

Back