News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 430     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Yes, I do realize that.
I just thought I'd be funny.
Though I don't use NextBus as much as I used to, why is it that it's showing up signed on as a 509 car when it hasn't entered service yet?
Yes. 4411 continued along King, down Bathurst and over to the Ex.

I took the 4406 on Spadina / Harbourfront yesterday (first time ever) and this thing is amazing. It really feels more like a subway / LTR than a streetcar. Very smooth and quiet ride and even though it was only about 20C the Ac air makes a difference. All this despite the vomit/ spilled drinks all over the rear part of the car. ;-)

I read about someone finally getting on one of the new cars the other day. Two complaints: her feet didn't touch the floor when seated and the streetcar was filthy (I'm guessing mainly the floor).

I read about someone finally getting on one of the new cars the other day. Two complaints: her feet didn't touch the floor when seated and the streetcar was filthy (I'm guessing mainly the floor).

I've noticed in a couple of them the area on the far left side at the back gets pretty dirty and I think I've seen the same stain on one for awhile now. I wonder how often they get cleaned?

Vomiters on the vomit comet are truly vile for forcing the vehicle out of service. However a few years ago I was quite impressed by a queasy fellow who jumped off, puked in a garbage can, then got right back on and sat down like nothing happened. That is a world class transit rider.

I did that once except it was while changing at St George, so I guess that's not quite as impressive.

I've noticed in a couple of them the area on the far left side at the back gets pretty dirty and I think I've seen the same stain on one for awhile now. I wonder how often they get cleaned?

Seems like it would be more straightforward than cleaning the CLRVs and ALRVs, since there's more wide open floor space.

It might be my imagination, but I feel like the LFLRVs have a propensity to get dirty easily. Maybe it's all the white on the walls making it look dirty quicker.

One of them, I think it was 4403, had an overwhelming stench of urine at the very back for about 1-2 months shortly after they went into service on Aug 31 2014. I got on it only a few times as I didn't use Spadina much back then, and was always shocked when after a month they evidently hadn't noticed or cleaned it.

It might be my imagination, but I feel like the LFLRVs have a propensity to get dirty easily. Maybe it's all the white on the walls making it look dirty quicker.

I'm not sure if the TTC has a different cleaning schedule on the new streetcars vs the old. Walking up the steps away from the mud and grime really cleans off your shoes so only the stairs were dirty. I think the new low-floor trains will become dirtier quicker since the mud and rain is tracked into the car, not just limited to the step.

Back