News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 453     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Ive lost count whats the status of 4401 and 4402 and when will they enter service?

It will be a nice surprise when they come back at hopefully the same time as ramped up production, it will be raining streetcars.
4401 will go into service just like any new car that shows up when it arrives. It will do its burn in like any car regardless it been here for years for testing.

4402 will be ship back to Thunder Bay once 4410 arrive and will be 2016 before we see it again.

If it does rain streetcars, TTC will be lucky to have 25 cars on the road by year end and far less than plan.

Time to get the overhead finish so the pans can be use on 504, 511, 510, 509.

Well if they go into WWII total war style production they may make the production targets that they last set.
Though it will mean they have to go 24/7 production from all sectors :rolleyes:

CP records show it's been waiting for pickup since Tuesday afternoon.

This picture of 4410 from Thunder Bay this morning was posted elsewhere. With a bonus GO Transit and subway car.

post-29368-0-09459600-1440158542.jpg

Really cool to see all three modes in one spot.

7 new streetcars in service now, 4 on 510, 3 on 509.

I'm not sure if it's always been like this, but I've been going down to Queens Quay more often this year and I've noticed how incredibly packed 509 is. Maybe partly because of Pan Am & the new Queens Quay, but those streetcars are packed.

.. the 509 is ussually always packed during the summer months. Mornings by far are the worst though.

7 new streetcars in service now, 4 on 510, 3 on 509.

I'm not sure if it's always been like this, but I've been going down to Queens Quay more often this year and I've noticed how incredibly packed 509 is. Maybe partly because of Pan Am & the new Queens Quay, but those streetcars are packed.

Given the time of your post I am gonna assume that CNE and TFC contributed (along with popularity of QQ) to the packedness....that line is a good route to the EX grounds.

Wow--I was on 4409 today on 509, and the second door (the double-door with the accessibility ramp) was broken! There was one of the big red TTC plastic sheets inside the streetcar saying 'out of order' draped over the doorway and it wasn't openable. Also, the red light strip on it was flashing the entire time even with other doors closed and the streetcar moving.

Pretty incredible overall, but with 4409, having been delivered so recently? Wow. And I guess this means anybody with a wheelchair would be out of luck boarding this one, since it's that door that failed? Hope this isn't a sign of things to come, but given what we've been hearing about Bombardier's work quality so far, it worried me quite badly to see this on shiny new 4409.

Picture attached, sorry for the blurriness, didn't have much time once I got off and the streetcar was moving:

N7stdox (Custom).jpg

Attachments

• N7stdox (Custom).jpg
    N7stdox (Custom).jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 722
I wouldn't be too concerned. It's probably teething problems. If it's still happening after a year or two in service, then you can start to worry.

or something got stuck in the doors or someone held them open to long it happens on the subway all the time
Yes, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Far better to keep running a subway car/train or a streetcar with one broken door (clearly identified and blocked off) rather than take it out of service. If we see constant door problem then it's worth worrying about, as far as I know we have not.

Yes, no need to get your knickers in a twist. Far better to keep running a subway car/train or a streetcar with one broken door (clearly identified and blocked off) rather than take it out of service. If we see constant door problem then it's worth worrying about, as far as I know we have not.

Exactly I've seen it many times on all of the subways at different times even the SRT, which causes a bit more problems then when it happens on a subway as half the doors are out on one side of the train. I wonder if the TTC has thought of having an auxiliary ramp like the ones Go Transit uses in the operators gab for use when either the doors or the ramp is disabled in the second section?

Given the time of your post I am gonna assume that CNE and TFC contributed (along with popularity of QQ) to the packedness....that line is a good route to the EX grounds.

That explains why the 509 CLRV I was on late last night eastbound was packed completely full. Going east I saw 4 new flexities heading the opposite way mostly empty. One passenger got into a shouting match with the driver because they were apparently getting off at the underground stop and claimed the driver didn't stop for long enough.

Hopefully more and more flexities will give 509 and 510 some relief. POP & all door boarding seems to have helped.

Back