News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 466     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

I think they are planing around November or December once they have enough of them to provide service on 510 sapdain on there own.

Interesting. Do lines need to be converted to 100% pantograph operations for it to work? In other words, no mixing of patno and poles on the same line?

I was previously under the impression that the only impediment to panto was upgrading the electoral systems to make them compatible. Since the upgrades on line 510 are complete and we haven't yet seen any pantos in service, I assume that I understood incorrectly.

Interesting. Do lines need to be converted to 100% pantograph operations for it to work? In other words, no mixing of patno and poles on the same line?

I was previously under the impression that the only impediment to panto was upgrading the electoral systems to make them compatible. Since the upgrades on line 510 are complete and we haven't yet seen any pantos in service, I assume that I understood incorrectly.

I think they've been changing up the wires when ever they do work on sections of the lines to bring them up to pentograph standards. I think they still need to do some work on them like have them kind of zig zg so they don't wear a grove in the carbon in the pentograh but it's going to be done later once more of them are on the road and on other lines. I think current plans are to use the graphs and change the carbon once they move the wires around for them.

I think they are planing around November or December once they have enough of them to provide service on 510 sapdain on there own.

How'd you come up with that date? There's still specialwork on King and Queen - which are needed to get the cars into and out of service - that hasn't been converted yet. I suspect that not all of the detour routes have been completed, either.

Only once all of that overhead has been converted can then then think about putting the pans up.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Usually when the streetcars derail its because of split switches. But the first and last module of the LFLRV appear to be properly sitting on the rails. It's the wheels on the third module that jumped off the rails. Interesting.

Usually when the streetcars derail its because of split switches. But the first and last module of the LFLRV appear to be properly sitting on the rails. It's the wheels on the third module that jumped off the rails. Interesting.

It appears the old streetcar collided with the mid section of the new one - and the new one slid a bit. The loop is not automated yet, it appears the old car thought it was going straight but did not check the switch, whoops.

Looking at the image
CIhmNbJUwAQ9EkT.jpg:large

Likely the CLRV made a left turn into the LFLRV, before the LFLRV cleared the intersection.

How's something like this even possible. and how long before people start blaming the intersection?

How'd you come up with that date? There's still specialwork on King and Queen - which are needed to get the cars into and out of service - that hasn't been converted yet. I suspect that not all of the detour routes have been completed, either.

Only once all of that overhead has been converted can then then think about putting the pans up.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

It's on the facebook page for the new streetcars https://www.facebook.com/StreetcarTO

Just saw 4400 and 4408 in service. So there are 9 in operation? How many cars does it take to replace all cars on the Spadina route?

Just saw 4400 and 4408 in service. So there are 9 in operation? How many cars does it take to replace all cars on the Spadina route?

Good to hear that 4408 is in service!
By my count seven are available for service (but that doesn't mean that all of them *actually are in service*--a point that frustrates me to no end). 4400, 4403, 4404, 4405, 4406, 4407 and now 4408.
13 are required to fully populate Spadina.
http://stevemunro.ca/2015/03/02/ttc-2015-fleet-plans/

Good to hear that 4408 is in service!
By my count seven are available for service (but that doesn't mean that all of them *actually are in service*--a point that frustrates me to no end). 4400, 4403, 4404, 4405, 4406, 4407 and now 4408.
13 are required to fully populate Spadina.
http://stevemunro.ca/2015/03/02/ttc-2015-fleet-plans/
Needs 14 + 15% spare or 16 cars just for 510 so it will 100% new cars.

Back